Recommended Jailbreak Applications

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mikec1985, Mar 29, 2009.

1. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Recommended jailbreak application list​

Alright, I have put together a recommended jailbreak application list. All the must have apps to jailbreak your device and the must have apps after you jailbreak your device. A complete list with everything you need to jailbreak your iPod today and fully customize it!!
    Note, any one feel free and post an app you think is worthy of being on here and I might just add it!!

Ok I added the .deb files I could find just to make things a little easier for the people with no WiFi to SSH the apps in. SSH the .deb and place it where ever you want. To unpack the .deb, either use terminal or mobile terminal(Login, su-your pass, when using mobile terminal) In terminal type, for example; dpkg -i /private/var/mobile/pockettouch_3.0.2.deb (depending on where you put it) and hit enter. It will unpack and install the app to your device. Respring or type "killall SpringBoard" (without quotes) in terminal to respring. Also if you have iFile you can just search for the .deb file, click it then hit Install and it will install.

I will try update this regularly as more applications become available and worthy. Any app with a red asterisk next to the name has not yet been updated for 3.x firmwares.

For anyone wondering what theme I was using when doing the Cydelete, it was Abeo. Now let's stay on topic please!

Jailbreak Utilities

1g/2g/3g/4g

-Jailbreakme 2.0

Please Register or Log in to view images

Jailbreakme 2.0, also created by Comex, is the latest jailbreak for all iDevices including the iPhone 4. Apple recently released a firmware update which patches the exploit used in jailbreakme, so make sure not to update if you want to keep your jailbreak. To jailbreak simply go to www.jailbreakme.com on your iDevice. Slide to jailbreak! It's that easy!

-Spirit

Spirit was created by Comex and was the first untethered jailbreak for the 3GS. Spirit can also jailbreak any other iDevice running 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2 as well. Spirit is very easy to use, all you have to do to jailbreak is plug in your device then run Spirit and click "Jailbreak" It will take about 5-15 seconds to jailbreak, once your device reboots you are good to go! You can download the Spirit jailbreak here and updates will most likely be posted on hisTwitter.

-Blackra1n

Blackra1n was made by GeoHot and was the first jailbreak utility to unlock the new iPhone 3g/3GS baseband. Blackra1n can also unlock any other iPod touch/iPhone running 3.1.2 firmware. This is by far the simplest and fastest jailbreak yet, jalibreaking your device in just 5-10 seconds. Go here to download the utility. Once downloaded open Blackra1n, with your device plugged in, and click make it ra1n. For any updates on this utility visit GeoHots blog. Remember all mc models will only have a tethered jailbreak meaning when you want to reboot your device you will need to hook it up to a computer and run Blackra1n in order for your device to boot up.

-Pwnage Tool

Pwnage Tool was made by the iPhone-dev team and was the first jailbreak utility to jailbreak 2.0 firmware. It is for Mac only. Pwnage Tool is for the more advanced user. It "pwns" (uploads exploit/jailbreaks) the device. It allows you to build the ipsw with all the apps/games and any thing else you want pre-loaded, it also lets you select any custom boot logos. You can find Pwnage Tool here and here is a tut I found for the iPhone, skip step 5 and 6 if you are jailbreaking an iPod. I recommend reading everything before using. Pwanage tool cannot jailbreak the new 3g iPod touch models.

Jailbreak Apps​

First up is... repos are in blue text!

-SBSettings
    SBSettings is a replacement for Boss Prefs. It can do any thing Boss Prefs can do and more, much more! Once installed, simply swipe the status bar to launch SBSettings. From there, depending on what toggles you have, you have the ability to many features such as, brightness, Wi-Fi, SSH, etc. You can download SBSettings from Big Boss repo, which is a community source, in cydia (apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia/) and to download toggles go to "add-on" section in Cydia or you can also search for SBSettings and should get a list of every thing for it. To open the settings menu click on more. Once in the settings you can manage themes , set toggles, set dock applications, hide (poof) icons and more. One of my favorite features is the disable Apple app killswitch, in the extras menu.

-WinterBoard

WinterBoard is the new theme applier for 2.x and will most likely work on 3.x as well. WinterBoard's UI is very basic. Anything you download for WinterBoard will show up when you launch it. They will be in a long or short list, depending on how much themes/widgets you have. All you do is select the theme you want to apply, a check mark will show up on the right side, to un-apply it simply click it again and you will see the check mark disappear. When you exit the app your iPod will re-spring and your theme will be set. WinterBoard is found in the Community Sources and is on the Telesphoreo repo (apt.saurik.com/)

-gUICache

gUICache is an app that will rebuild the mobile installation plist so that apps/games added manually through SSH will appear on the SpringBoard. To use all you do is tap on "Rebuild" it will take a few moments, you will see a loading circle in status bar, when done hit home. There are a lot of threads asking how to do this, I know I shouldn't post this just because of the pirates, but I thought I might as well, just to eliminate unwanted threads. gUICache is found in the Community Sources and is in the STE Packeging repo (repo.smxy.org/cydia/qpt/)

Attached Files:

2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    That leads me to the next app...

-Open SSH
    OpenSSH does not have an icon, it is a utility that allows you to SSH into your device. To SSH into your device you have to download one of the many SSH utilities available on the internet. CyberDuck, FileZilla, WinSCP, and iPhone Utility suite are a few examples. Open SSH can be found in the Community Sources in Telesphoreo repo (apt.saurik.com/)

-Categories

Categories lets you organize your apps/games into well um.. categories

To organize you apps/games into categories aka folders. Hit the add button on the top right, type in the name you want to call the folder, it will then take you to the icon screen where you will pick an icon for the folder you are creating. Once you pick the icon it will take you back to the main screen where you will see the newly created folder. To add to the folder click the new folder and it will take you inside the folder, then click add. It will bring up a list of all the apps/games on your iPod. When you select one it will disapear and then be in the folder. Hit done then, I just hit the home button and it will re-spring, you can also hit the re-spring button. Be aware, this app can run slow at times and also freeze or crash from low memory. Just have patience when using this app till you get the hang of it. As you can see below I have the folder named Apps. Categories is found in the Community Sources and is in Big Boss repo (apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia/)

-Pocket Touch

Pocket Touch was made by our very own mod SkylarEC. Pocket Touch is a really cool music utility with very unique controls; that was made for when your iPod is in your pocket. Pocket Touch can be launched from the icon and also from the Settings app under its preferences. Most of the controls are "swipes" and there is also a shake feature. To change songs swipe left or right, you can also shake your device to change the song. For volume swipe up and down, to pause tap or double tap, what ever you prefer. Pocket Touch can also be themed by installing themes with Cydia and applying through the pocket touch settings in Settings.app. Pocket Touch can be found in the Community Sources in Big Boss repo (apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia/)
    Update: Pocket Touch for 3.x can be downloaded on the App Store

-LogoMe *

LogoMe was made by the iPhone-Dev team's planetbeing. LogoMe is a boot logo applier/installer for the 2.x firmwares. To use LogoMe hit start, it will bring you to a screen to choose where the images are you want to use. You can use an image from your photo app, download and apply a pic from a url, or apply the default logo. It will then let you preview it or flash it. LogoMe has been updated and now works with both the 1g and 2g. To use on a 2g you must use redsnow .3 first! LogoMe can be found in the Community Sources in Big Boss repo (apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia/)

Attached Files:

3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Thank you kiks.

-iFile

iFile was created by Carsten Heinelt and has become the most popular file browser because of its speed and the amount of features it has. iFile has many features from simply viewing a PDF file to the packing and unpacking of zip files. The possibilities are basically endless. You can find iFile in the Community Sources in the Big Boss repo (apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia/)

-CyDelete
    CyDelete, created by Dustin Howett, gives you the ability to delete Cydia apps as you would App Store apps. When you hold down an icon, "x" shows up on the corner just like App Store apps. Tap the "x" and it will bring up a confirmation box asking if you want to delete or cancel. Deleting the app will remove it from the springboard and from Cydia's package list as well. This is a great application to use because you don't have to open Cydia and wait for it to load. You can just delete the app strait from the springboard. You can find in the Community Sources in Big Boss repo (apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia/)

-iPodPop
    iPodPop, created by Leroy Boerefijn, is a mobile substrate plug-in made to prevent the device from entering the iPod.app when you double click the home button and instead brings up the iPod controls just like it did on earlier firmwares. You can find iPodPop in the Community Sources in the Big Boss repo (apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia/)

-PwnTunes

PwnTunes, created by SpiritOfLogic, removes the hassle of using iTunes and syncing one library at a time. With PwnTunes you can drag and drop music and photos into the folders as you would on any other mp3 device, which will then be imported into your collections the next time you open the app. PwnTunes can be found in the PwnTunes repo, (pwntunes.net/beta_repo/)

Attached Files:

4. Supertod

Supertod Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. DNJ45

DNJ45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Kiks told nobody to post because he would have to delete all the posts when you continued your list so it would go together.

Anyway, pretty good. I think you should add QuickFreedom so the 2G users have another option instead of RedTool. You could also add MxTube or some emulators, but if you want to keep it simple, it's fine. Nice job.
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There you go

I deleted my post. Nice work here! Stuck for sure

7. callofduty4

callofduty4 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    omg whats the name of your theme! its sick
  8. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

It's called iNav Touch. It says on the bottom right of the theme screenshot.

9. callofduty4

callofduty4 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh wow thanks man

**nevermind i found it
  10. Aznr00t

Aznr00t New Member

iNAV i believe