Recommendations Subforum

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by LinXitoW, Jan 2, 2009.

1. LinXitoW

LinXitoW New Member

I'm suggesting a subforum for the Development forum, in which developers can exchange recommendations for betatesters or similiar contributors. There'd be one thread per user(NOT developer) and developers post anything good or bad about that user.
    That way, developers wont have to depend on post count or pureluck when selecting betatesters.
    Thoughts?

Clarification: There wouldnt necesarily be a blank thread for EVERY user, just for the ones that a dev has feedback about.
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well 100000+ threads, most blank, is a bit much...
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Kinda far fetched in my opinion but we'll see what bgizzle thinks.
  4. LinXitoW

LinXitoW New Member

you wouldnt have to have one for EVERY user, just the ones that a developer has something to say about.
    What do you mean by farfetched?
    This forum could also be used for sound artists, texture and graphical artists and programmers(all novice ofc).
  5. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Then there would be the problem of negative reviews. What if a developer gave negative feedback about a user, who then flamed the developer and all his/her apps?
  6. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Can't see it happening myself. A thread for every user? Yeah...
  7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That's what I meant by far fetched. It'll just cause flaming too or something because everyone will fight over beta testing and/or post a lot to get considered to be one and a whole slew of new problems.
  8. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd just like to point something out:

Let's say that the bgizzilator decides to go ahead with this.
    He creates Xthousand blank threads (I have no idea how many users this forum has), one for each user.
    Most likely, the more well known users would wrack up some posts, and thus they would move to the top of the list.

This means that those users would constantly be the most visible beta testers, with the rest going unnoticed. Why did these users get unnoticed? Well, that's because they're page 600 in this subforum full of mostly blank threads.

How is this different to the current system? People with low post counts get ignored/are (usually) untrusted. It's a fact of life.

</epic post>

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Although I don't foresee this suggestion being implemented, I would like to point out that via the AdminCP, the forum can be setup so the threads are displayed alphabetically by the title of the thread, thus disregarding the number of replies, therefore the most recently-replied-to thread will not necessarily be displayed first.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. LinXitoW

LinXitoW New Member

Nice reading skills there.
    As stated by me ABOVE, a developer creates a post AFTER having a good /bad experience with a certain user, resulting NOT in 100000 blank threads, but in maybe 100(after a longer period of time). Any other developer with feedback about that particular user posts in that ONE thread.
    If moderators dont feel up to it to keep it civil with the negative feedback, we could just limit it to positive feedback.