Recommendations for an image/photo viewer?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by mthrp, May 27, 2010.

1. mthrp

mthrp New Member

I'm looking for an app for viewing the photo collection currently stored on my computer hard drive. You may be wondering why I'd have trouble with this with the built-in photo app (compression issue aside) and millions of apps that support images.

The main problem is that all of them (that I've seen/heard of) require either sliding gesture to move to next images within the folder, or to display the toolbar thing to show the "next" button. I really hate having to slide gesture through my 1000+ files, and having the statusbar etc showing is just as bad.

So basically, I'm specifically looking for an app with the following capabilities:

-ability to touch part of the screen while in fullscreen mode to move to next image (sorta like moving a page in stanza or other book apps)
    -some kind of folder-based organization
    -support for importing images from external sources (via ftp or something) besides what's in DCIM folder.

Preferably it should also have:

-slideshow function
    -non-ugly interface

Please Register or Log in to view images

If anyone knows an app that fits the description (jb app too, if there's one) and could share, that'd be great. Thanks!
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you could try ifile. SSH a folder with the images to /var/mobile/documents and then store it there and then use ifile to look at the images.
  3. pac12321

pac12321 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yeah, i use ifile and i love it, it very helpful
  4. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    dosent it automatically compress the photos if theyre in ifile? (somewhere in the ipod)
  5. mthrp

mthrp New Member

ifile has the same problem of having to slide gesture for moving to next image. It also seems to scale image such that some part of image would be hidden by default, which isn't something I want.

I actually tried icomic on someone's suggestions and it seems to do what I need to do. It shows an unsightly white bar on margin when the image aspect ratio doesn't exactly fit the device's, but I can live with that.

Any other suggestion would be great too. Thanks.