Reception issue is only an issue because it's Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bwopp, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Bwopp

Bwopp Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Apple tested the reception on a few phones by holding them all the same way, they all lost some signal one phone lost all signal the iPhone 4 did not,this is an issue for lots of phones this has only been blown out of proportion because it's made by Apple.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAE2n3MB17s&feature=channel
  2. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The issue is bigger on the iPhone.

1. The antenna is on the outside of the phone meaning its closer to peoples hands
    2. The antenna isn't insulated by plastic so you can connect the wifi and GSM antennas by touching the bottom left corner.

Edit: Also for Apple to put up videos demonstrating other phones have the same issue when their phone is a lot worse is just like WTF?
  3. wastedd

wastedd Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ive had my iphone4 for almost a month an so far ive not been able to make it lose more than 1 bar by holding it or touching the black strip it has never dropped a call or lost reception at all, i have been able to make my ipad 3g loose 3 bars by holding it tightly and my iphone 3gs looses 2 bars holding it.

How many bars does your iphone4 loose?

I personaly have had a nokia n95, motorola v3, v3x and all would loose signal when held or put in my pocket, my v3x would drop the connection completely when in my pocket.
    But in the end the answer as always is simple, if you dont like it take it back or dont buy it in the first place.

Iphone4 sales VS iphone4 returns = 1000's of happy iphone4 customers
  4. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Youre right. Nobody would care if it was a nokia or motorola phone having this problem. Because it's apple, and because they have sold so many it's been turned into a problem. However people I know who have the phone don't even notice the problem.