Recently bought an iPhone 3G....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xXrkidXx, Jun 4, 2010.

1. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, as most of you have seen when I post around the forums, I have an iPhone 3G. It's not but a little under 2 months old.. When would AT&T allow me to be eligible for an upgrade? I know that I wont be able to get the new iPhone at a reduced price but I'm wondering when I could get it..
  2. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you either tried reading your contract, or contacting AT&T?

Crazy idea I know but surely if you do this, you'll get all the answers you need about your contract.
  3. xXrkidXx

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok. I was looking for a general time of when AT&T normally allows an upgrade price, and I can't contact them because the account is in my parents name, more notably my moms; I'm a guy, that would be kind of hard to fake.

And where would I find this contract?
  4. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When did you buy the 3G? You can exchange it for a new one if it's released before 30 days after your purchased your phone.

I'm not sure on the exact intelligibly upgrade date but it takes more than 6+ months.
  5. xXrkidXx

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    And this is one of the reasons it was the worst time to buy it... I got it a little over a month ago >.< I might go into AT&T and talk to them about this with my mom...
  6. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, I don't think you will persuade them though; it didn't work for me a year ago.

I bought a 3GS a few days ago, so I'm anxious to see if the new iPhone will be released within the next 30 days.
  7. latisaer

latisaer New Member

iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch App

I am a authorized rep for Globalinx. I have an app that runs on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch (32g & 64g) which can be used to make unlimited local and long distance calls over a WIFI signal (VOIP) for $14.95 or $24.95 ( includes 75 conntries) . Anyone can download this app from the apple store for a one time fee of $4.95 and register with RIN # L406855 or L409584. Now you can transform your devices (iPod Touch 32g/64g & iPad) into phones or lower your current phone plan for cheap.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Nomar1245

Nomar1245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    If it's a new line its usually 2 years, but they seem to allow smartphone upgrades whenever. If it's an old line the date upgrade length goes down incrementally(3 months per contract i think).

As for smartphone to smartphone upgrades I wouldn't get my hopes up. I think they only allow regular phone to smartphone upgrades whenever so they can get more data money.
  9. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You aren't eligible for an upgrade until two years after getting the phone. The iPhone 3g about $400 without a contract (I think) and I'm assuming you only paid $99 for it. If you want the iPhone 4g be prepared to pay $600-700 for it.