"Recently Added"

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Bushviper, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Bushviper

Bushviper New Member

I used use this every time i updated stuff as it was the most useful option in the playlists to listen to my latest additions.

Now the page is always empty in itunes and does not even appear on my touch ! What happened? Can anyone help me restore this option. I think it seemed to vanish after an update from apple.

Many thanks
  2. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    omg i loved this option...but i never saw it on my iphone =/...i dont think there is one =(? i might just email apple cuz i loved this smart playlist
  3. bridaw

bridaw Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Do you mean the smart playlist? Just make a new one that looks something like the one attached. You can make one on your ipod/iphone when it is connected to iTunes. I have tons of them, there are several threads around here about them.

Attached Files:

4. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    it doesnt seem to work on the iphone or ipod touch =(
  5. bridaw

bridaw Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I don't know what you guys are doing wrong but it works just fine for me. You CAN create smart playlists on your ipod through iTunes when your ipod is connected. The "Recently Added" playlist is nothing more than smart playlist. If yours is deleted, make another one! Easy.

Mount the ipod in iTunes.
    Select the ipod in the source list to the left.
    Go to the menu and select New Smart Playlist.
    Make it look like my attached "picture 10" or something similar.
    Sync your pod.

I started to count the smart playlists on my ipod touch just now and I stopped at 50. One that is great for listening to new stuff is "playcount is zero". Tracks drop off the list once they have been played. You can make some pretty tricky smart playlists and the beauty is you only do that work once. As the content in your library changes along with play/skip counts and add/play/skip dates, the playlists dynamically update.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

6. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Try re-importing your music and using the smart list again.
  7. Snowgyp7

Snowgyp7 New Member

Recently added TO IPOD smart playlist

Hi there! Anyone know if it's possible to make a recently added smart playlist on your iPod (mine's a 6th gen nano) that has the songs you've recently added to the iPod from iTunes (NOT just ones that are new to the iTunes library)? Thanks.