Rebuild album art cache

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by therock003, Oct 26, 2008.

1. therock003

therock003 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm encountering a problem, which seemes kind of common since i searched and other people have it where i my album covers get mixed up and some of them appear as black after synching.

I want to clear tha cache the ipod maintains for the album art so i can rebuild it from scratch.

How do i do that?

Someone mentioned to go to the music tab of the device and deselect the display album art option,but itunes 8 doesnt seem to have such an option.

What do you guys reckon?
  2. skycat561

skycat561 New Member

ya.. i would like to know the same thing... i even did a restore....after i deleted the cache folder on my HD.....but where i messed up i think, after the restore, i restored a backup... which seems to use the old cache...

so i would like to know how to clear the cache on the actual touch
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try resetting the iPod's settings.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
  4. skycat561

skycat561 New Member

gave it a shot...still nothing...any other ideas.

think downgrading itunes would work? Cauze it seems to be an itunes 8 problem
  5. therock003

therock003 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I heard that by selecting all tracks and then checking the artwork box it rewrites all id3 tags of songsand clears the artwork,but then what happens to synch back all the album arts?Especially if you had it embedded in a custom way and not downloaded them from itunes store?

What kind of crazy bug is this?

It occured to me after i edited some tracks that were already on ipods memory.

At first everything was fine.I was either editing album art from inside the itunes library or editing id3 tags from helium music manager.

But once i decided to edit music that was already on my ipod this crazy thing happened.

Now i will try manually clearing all artwork,removing tracks and then reinserting them.

Kind of a hassle but i hope it will do the trick.

EDIT:What i just described does work,but is a bit of a hassle,i just hoped it didnt happen!
  6. skycat561

skycat561 New Member

geez i hop e a patch comes soon... i have to much to do it that way

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. adamsdarkshadow

adamsdarkshadow New Member

iTunes 8.0.2

I had the same problem with album art displaying app's. Try creating a new version of the track from mp3 to AAC or whatever, under Import Settings then Advanced. Seems to work out several problems with album art, at least for me.
  8. pieceofsummer

pieceofsummer Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Some time ago I was sick of artwork problems and wrote an utility to repair cache. It is called ArtDoctor and could be found here. It works under Windows (sorry, Mac users) and still is the only simple way to rebuild cache (since 'disable/enable artwork' trick does not work for iPhone and iTouch).
  9. masoco

masoco New Member

Never ever edit a song directly from your iPod.

I sync a single playlist with all my songs, I no longer have this problem.
  10. dankbud42o

dankbud42o New Member

thank you. im testing it out now.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    "parameter is not valid" after it copies the cache....this album art is driving me crazy, almost want to delete all my music and start over. nothing but headaches with album art...