RebelTouch Arctic clear enough for a skin?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by lemmie, Jan 3, 2009.

1. lemmie

lemmie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd like to use a custom skin at uniqueskins.com, but still want the protection of a nice case. So, I thought maybe I could put one under the RebelTouch Arctic, and still be able to see the skin peeking through?

Please Register or Log in to view images

To anyone who owns the RebelTouch Arctic, how clear is it? Would it be clear enough to see a vinyl sticker underneath?

I've seen pictures (renders) of the Arctic at switcheasy.com, but those aren't exactly true to life. The reviews I can find on youtube are usually for the black-backed iphone, or are too dark/blurry to really tell. So if anyone could let me know or point me in the direction of some telling pics, I'd really appreciate it!
  2. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Only the sides. The I-frame covers most of the back.
  3. lemmie

lemmie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I may be confused, but I thought the I-frame was on the NeoTouch?

Here's a rendered(?) pic of it from a vendor:

and from switcheasy:

It looks like you'd be able to see through the spine in the middle. Maybe.

4. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh my bad. I was thinking about the Rebel. Yeah, that looks like you can put a skin inside. The hard part would be installing it. Because it's already pretty hard to install it just with the silicone thing they give you.
  5. Gipson

Gipson New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    so i'm thinking of getting the rebeltouch and i'm looking at either the black or arctic.

i know they're a great case and everyone raves about em but i'm wondering if the back spine scratches up easily/after a while? i take care of my stuff but even casual use wears things down after time.
  6. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'll be getting my Arctic Rebel Touch today for my birthday. I don't really mind if it gets scratched, it's inevatable. It looks like a bombproof case once you get it on and set. Judging from my use of other clear acrylic cases for my psp and stuff i'm going to say if you rub it on something abrasive like sand on a table or something itll look ugly, but laying it on a table and sliding it will most likely cause little scratches you can only see in light.
  7. qwertzuiop

qwertzuiop New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i hope somebody still watches this post...
    one question..
    the BLACK rebeltouch has a black siliconelike thing that covers the FULL back and then theres that glassy thing to put on you know what i mean.

but the ARCTIC rebeltouch why can u see thru the siliconelike thing??? is it made in another way?? im confused
  8. Gipson

Gipson New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)