Rebate if a revised model is released in October?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Muffin15, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well, i'm a 1g owner
    been one since the christmas they were out
    its definitely time for a switch as there's a dark splotch on my screen and a buttload of stuck pixels (trying to fix them only creates more)
    the 64 gb models should be in my best buy within the next couple days, as they already have the 8 and 32 gb models
    i've been waiting all year for a new touch and i'm getting one asap
    just wondering if anyone thinks apple would give early 3g adopters a rebate/discount on a new model if one's released next month

thanks for the thoughts!
    -Muffin
  2. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i doubt a new one is coming but anyway if there is i will be the first one at my apple store cursing everyone out(even if its not there fault)

if they dont offer a rebate there will be tons of pissed people so i think they would have to . If not we can do what the people that watch the show jericho did when it got cancelled except we will keep sending apple tons of apples a day
  3. Aqueya

Aqueya New Member

My guess would be they would allow us to send ours away for "upgrading" at not charge. You only have to go without it for 6 weeks. And hope that the rush job to get a zillion done at once actually worked and didnt' need further fixing.
  4. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    THere won't be a new one damit!
  5. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well, i'm not arguing that there will be a new one, but i mean, on the off-chance that there is, i really don't want to blow 400$ on a model i'd rather not have
  6. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yea what he said enough with the "its not happening" but anywy like i said they should

if not we all send them tons and tons of apples theyll get the message
  7. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    There is like a 15% they can update the iPod touch before September of next year...there is a 0.01% they would update the iPod touch on october so everybody get over it

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. dukeidude

dukeidude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It just sucks cause now I wanna wait to see what happens. Ive had my 1G since the first day it came out :-/ and it has a cracked screen from longboarding. But is still serving me soooo well. I just cant wait to upgrade to volume buttons, speaker and whatnot. (*and hopefully a camera* shh*)

But yeah, I've been practicing a lot of patience
  9. wat.

wat. New Member

Device:
    iPad
    This.

Even though Apple has a basically limitless supply of money, they can't just matter-materialize millions of devices in a month's time - of even two month's time if they started production when the camera got taken out initially.

I'd put money on there not being a new Touch until the Apple event next September.

In fact, I'll be putting $300 on it when I buy a 3G Touch in a few days when my local stores get the 32GB's in.
  10. mappy4ever

mappy4ever Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why not just buy one right now! from like Bestbuy or whatever... and at the time of purchase tell them that they are sure new one wont come out in a month or so! ofcourse, they will tell you whatever... But if new one came out on Oct-14 you would be able to return it since it wont be 30 DAYS! If doesn't you upgraded your iPoD Instead of waiting for nothing

Please Register or Log in to view images