Reasons why I think the new iPod touch will have a camera (Apple is stupid otherwise)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ihax_ipt, Aug 31, 2010.

1. ihax_ipt

ihax_ipt Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Does anyone remember last year, of course, when the iPod touch 3G was released? Well, at that time everyone was convinced it would have a camera. It did not. It only had upgrades to the CPU processor and some new software features like Voice Control.

I remember Steve Jobs commenting on the civil unrest stirred up from the device having no camera, and he said that the iPod touch is more of a "gaming device" in people's minds. (I don't know which people he was talking to..but they were misinformed).

Now, my take on that is he basically meant that this one is for gaming, and the next one will be for gaming + new hardware features. (In this case, front and rear facing cameras).

The gaming aspect of it was that Apple updated the CPU speed, meaning games would run faster. However, it would be absolutely completely stupid of Apple to just do something like that again, because although games require a lot of processing speed for good performance, having ONLY that upgrade for the new generation two times in a row is just poor thinking. And, also, games run absolutely fine on a third generation iPod touch.

The smart thing to do would be yes, update the sh*t out of the CPU, make it like the iPhone 4 (A4) or even better, but ADD NEW THINGS, (hence, a camera). Also, make a battery like the iPhone 4. If they still care that much about gaming, an increase to battery live would satisfy that regard.

There are no new software features that Apple could introduce to not piss off people again like last year's overrated iPod touch 3G. I'm sure they know that they will lose a lot of business if they repeated history.

So, that was my two cents; what are your thoughts?
  2. I_R_CH33F

I_R_CH33F Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    50/50 chance.
    I really don't know any music players that have cameras.
  3. ihax_ipt

ihax_ipt Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    And before 2007, nobody knew of a music player, phone, and camera all in one. (iPhone)

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Look at the iPod Touch. It's so much MORE than a music player.
  5. apple10

apple10 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    iPod Nano...
  6. shortperson1026

*high five*

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. longcat93

longcat93 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hopefully. it would just suck if the new ipod touch didn't have a camera AFTER all this hype!
  8. ihax_ipt

ihax_ipt Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    sincere win
  9. shortperson1026

Especially two years in a row!
  10. ihax_ipt

ihax_ipt Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, that was one of my points. Steve Jobs will get death threats if it happens again haha.