rearranging icons without using customize

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by daxecutioner, Oct 14, 2007.

1. daxecutioner

daxecutioner New Member

accidentally posted this in the subforum, my apologies.

id like to be able to move some of the icons around on my summerboard, and have been dealing with customizer all night with no success (got it to work, but it wouldnt rearrange the icons, even though i told it to save the list).

i was looking towards editing my N45AP.plist file, but it only seems to list the default apps, which look like this:
    Code:
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>displayIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.apple.mobilesafari</string>
    </dict>

heres my question: is there a way that i can add items to the N45AP.plist file so that i can move my 3rd party apps around as well? im thinking that there should be some sort of way i can alter the code above for each program i have, and insert it in the right spot so that it will organize my default and 3rd party apps. does anyone know what to fill in for <string>com.apple._______</string> for ANY app?

thanks.
  2. hdy

hdy New Member

in the folder of the applications there is a Info.plist open it with a text editor and you will see a line that gives the com.apple or whatever they decided to use link to that application.
  3. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    take a look at this thread, there's a script i posted that will generate the file for you. you just enter the identifiers for your apps. there's a list of some common identifiers in the thread too.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2319