REALLY weird problem with iPod Touch 2nd Generation...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by 0xjf, Feb 19, 2009.

1. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Okay so i jailbroke it a few days ago and it crashed after i installed the categories app. So i'm like okay well i'll just re-jailbreak it. (using terminal, not a tool.) so i restored it with my custom firmware...i boot my ipod...and cydia isn't there. (THIS IS NOT THE SEMI-TETHERED JAILBREAK.) so i'm like okay this is weird. so i re download pwnagetool 2.2.5 and i re download redsn0w lite from redsn0w.com. i dragged and dropped the cydiainstaller.bundle and the ipod 2g 2.2.1 firmware bundle into the custom packages and firmware bundles (like you're supposed to if you want a custom firmware for the 2g) and i remake the custom ipsw. i unchecked the boot logos and i made sure that pwnage tool was going to install cydia on the ipsw. but, once again, i restored with my "custom" firwmare and no cydia. what's the problem? any help is appreciated. thanks.

EDIT: PROBLEM FIXED. Much thanks to "madcowz" !
  2. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well, in PwnageTool, do NOT overwrite the ENTIRE CustomPackages folder given to you in rslite. ONLY overwrite the Info.plist in the CydiaInstaller.bundle

That should work, unless that's what you already did...
  3. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S

sh*t dude i completely forgot about the info.plist. THANK YOU I LOVE YOU.

EDIT: where is the info.plist?
  4. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the info.plist file is in the rslite/CustomPackages/CydiaInstaller.bundle/Info.plist

In Pwnage... PwnageTool.app/Contents/Resources/CustomPackages/CydiaInstaller.bundle/Info.plist

Meh, that happened to me too.