Really Slow and Sluggish iPod Touch (Mc Model)! Please Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lifehackr, May 15, 2010.

1. lifehackr

lifehackr New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello,

my iPod is being really slow and not responding to my touch. After i press the home button, it takes 3 seconds for the lockscreen to pop up, then when i pull the slider the passcode thing comes up after 4 seconds. Ten it wont recognize me typing, or it is really slow because sometimes dots appear for the nummbers, tbut then the iPod goes to sleep, and the process starts again. If i ever get past the locksceen, the pages wont scroll. So slow, this happened before and i restored, but now its happening again. Please help without restoring, because i want to back up with cydia before i restore!

Thanks
  2. Hoody156

Hoody156 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    How many jailbroken addons have you installed. Like themes or the 5 dock icon stuff. Because too many off that can put unnecessary load on the iPod. Removing them should solve your problem.
  3. lifehackr

lifehackr New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    How?

how do i remove them if i cant get my ipod to respond, so i cant go to cydia
  4. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It happened to me and I get frustrated so I just restored, it happened to me on my last restore. Or you could use the 1 hour way to back up your cydia apps.
  5. startrees

startrees Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    That is why I don't have my iPod jailbroken.
  6. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That is hardly a reason to not jailbreak, the jailbreak it self does not cause this

This only happens to newbies or people who just install anything from cydia, they flood their device with mobile substrate addons that they dont even use and then they are in shock because things are running slow
  7. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    go into safe mode.
  8. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    go through your MobileSubstrate addons and disable them to see if its those that's causing it