Really nice $9.99 mic for iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by newton1221, Oct 7, 2008.

1. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

Don't waste your money on the apple headphones with the built in microphone. Philips makes an attachment that plugs right into your headphone jack and lets you plug your headphones right into the top of the microphone, AND it works PERFECT. I have it and its just like having a built in microphone. It's called an iPhone Microphone Adapter, and it's $9.99 at Target.

Here's the URL.

http://www.target.com/Philips-iPhon...UTF8&index=target&rh=k:phillips iphone&page=1
  2. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    have you tried it with any of the applications that let you use the microphone and works?
  3. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    tested tested?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    NOTE: this will not work, it is for the iphone 2G therefore it does not have a flush headphone jack IT WILL NOT WORK
  4. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

dude, i own it, i've used it on fring to make calls and on ichalky to make him dance
  5. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iPhone 3G (2Gen) has the same headphone jack as both iPod touch's, silly.
  6. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    thanks,, u may have saved me 70 bucks
  7. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

No offense to rileyman, but dont lilsten to him. I own it, and it works, thats the whole reason I put this thread up. I actually found out about this microphone from another member here at iPod touch Fans and I was so pleased that it worked that I felt like sharing the news. If you don't believe me then PM me and I can give you the name of the member that told me about it, and you can ask him if it works.
  8. jessikur

jessikur Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeh, thanks Newton!
  9. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

Oh, no problem dude, thats the whole reason I put it up. I was like this is gonna save a lot of people a lot of money. I hope the Target near you has it in stock, you might be able to find it at another store, I haven't looked. But if you do go to Target dont quit looking because they probably dont have many(only 2 at my Target), and they were NOT located with all the Philips stuff, it was weird, they were like off on there own sorta.
  10. jessikur

jessikur Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I googled iPhone microphone adapter and their are a couple other options as well, 'cause my Target doesn't always have all the goods.