Really need help...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Manson17, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Manson17

Manson17 New Member

Sorry if this is in the wrong area... I didn't know where else to put it.

Well, my problem seems bad, ad far as I can tell.
    I have a i Pod Touch 16gb. Jail broken to 2.0.0 and everything was working fine. Then suddenly when trying to respiring from winter board, it gets stuck on the spinning wheel. Then the screen goes black, if I try to turn it back on it goes straight to the pineapple boot screen and nothing happens. I cant do anything. I can try and hold down home and sleep buttons but it does nothing. I'll leave it on and it will never go to the unlock screen, the battery will just run down and that's the only thing that changes, a screen that says it needs to be charged. So, I plug it into my computer and open i tunes and the i Pod does it's little beeping noise to recognize it has been plugged in. But i Tunes freezes and nothing happens. I cant change song, It just freezes and the i Pod stays exactly the same. When I unplug the i Pod, i Tunes works again and it comes up with the usual screen showing the i Pod and to restore.
    So the problem is, it's stuck on the boot screen and if I plug into itunes it freezes itunes so I cannot do anything. I have tried it on a Mac, my computer, my friends computer, i have changed ports I have tried everything I could think of. Hopefully someone knows what to do.

by the way, this has happened before and eventually it fixes, but this time it just gets stuck.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help... I am planning on jailbreaking to 2.0.2 but can't.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Put it into DFU and restore?
  3. Manson17

Manson17 New Member

Tried that. But still, whenever i plug it into itunes, itunes freezes.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Kk. Sorry about that. I just worked it out what to do. I wasn't able to put it into DFU mode myself. It just wasn't working. But the computer was still recogonizing the ipod just everytime it did, it froze itunes. so I opened ZiPhone and put it into DFU mode from there. Kk. it worked.