Really Need Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by DMan1993, Feb 6, 2009.

1. DMan1993

DMan1993 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I was able to get the jailbreak to work but now I have a big problem. After jailbreak, everything was deleted, so I went to restore from backup. While I was restoring backed up material on the iPod, once it completed, my iPod turned off. I tried turning it back on but it wouldn't budge. I get a usb not recognized error. When I try to boot into DFU, nothing happens, and usb not recognized appears again. and it doesn't even appear in iTunes. I am guessing i have fully bricked. any advice on what I should do? This is my first iPod Touch and only iPod Touch. Having to pay for another one would really be terrible, since I went through 2 ds's (none at the moment) and 3 psp's(one at the moment), I may never get another electronic again. Having to use my psp for portable internet again would be a real drag. Help appreciated.
  2. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Great another thread... YOU need to put your ipod in DFU mode and then run a program like 1clickboot. YOU must do this everytime you restart your ipod.

I wonder how many more times Ill post that tonight.
  3. DeadMouze

DeadMouze New Member

Learn what tethered means and please know what you are doing before you jailbreak your iPod, especially is this is your first one. The readme says it all on the redsn0w website. Thank you.
  4. DMan1993

DMan1993 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    k i get it now. i knew about having to boot using program every time you boot, but i didnt know it would come out with a usb not recognized error. thanks anyway
    EDITED - sorry, i know there have been alot of bricked threads around, but sometimes try to be nice about it instead of constantly yelling at them
  5. kylio86

kylio86 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Id suggest you continue to try and get into DFU mode because no matter what the state of your iPod you should be able to get into DFU mode
  6. justan

justan New Member

Do not restore from a backup!! Set it up as a new ipod and re-sync everything!!
  7. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am getting sick of people assuming 'Im BRICKED!!!!!' OMG. I think these threads should just get deleted without any replies. RTFM.