iOS 3.1 Really need help jailbreaking, lots of weird things about this ipod...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by thisisthais, Jan 27, 2010.

1. thisisthais

thisisthais New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey guys! first of all, i got a secondhand ipod touch 16gb last night. i played around with the games around on it for a bit, nothing interested me much so i went deleted everything. the first weird thing was that this took forever! the whooole night it stayed booting up on the apple page. but this morning i found a solution by going into recover mode on itunes.
    ever since then i've been trying to jailbreak my phone with no success. first i tried blackra1n. everything was going perfect, the dude's picture showed up on the ipod, then it turned off and so on. but when i went to look for the blackra1n app that should have been installed, it wasn't there! i tried this two more times...
    before trying redsn0w. basically the same thing happened. everything was going good up until the part where it should show on the screen of the ipod the "downloading software" thing, which it didn't. when i reset the ipod, the redsn0w program said it was done but there was no app in the ipod, again.
    another weird thing is that the model number doesn't start with MC or MB, it starts with MA...does this mean anything?
    just to clarify, it's an ipod touch 2g on 3.1.2 firmware.
    i would really appreciate some help! this is my first apple gadget and so far thing aren't going so smoothly :/
    thanks in advance!
  2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Ahh switched from iPod to phone to iPod again ??
    Anyways dfu restore to a official apple firmware and try sn0w or ra1n and if they don't work I have no clue gl

Please Register or Log in to view images