Really Hating iTunes Right About Now

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TariLuinwe, Jun 14, 2010.

1. TariLuinwe

TariLuinwe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have not stayed current on the OS updates and the like for the last year and a half. So...when I decide I want to upgrade my iPod Touch today I had to unjailbreak, then restore, then re-jailbreak, then sync. Easy process, right?

WRONG! To begin with, iTunes kept crashing on me in the middle of the restoration. After about 3 hours of trying to get the PC to work (that is where I had my iTunes library) I finally decided to use the new laptop. Restored just fine as soon as I got around the 2.2.1 bug. Then I decided that maybe now that I had gotten around the bug I would be able to sync to the PC and get all of my music and pictures back. NOOOOOOO iTunes continued to crash on the PC. After spending another couple of hours trying to find a workaround (and in the process adding about a gig of extra "other" data that I still haven't figured out what it is) I decided to just take the iPod Touch over to the laptop and go from there.

None of this would be a big deal except that I wanted to get this done today and I don't have my PS3 here to act as the bridge to be able to pull the files off of the PC to my laptop and thus just adding them to my library on my laptop (which is why I even got on the PC today. My laptop is smoother and faster). After spending the whole day fighting with iTunes, I haven't even attempted to re-jailbreak on the 3.1xx OS yet(...went from 2.2.1 to 3.1xx today...yes, it's been THAT long since I have synced).

So...it looks as if I'm going to leave it be for now and take another crack at it tomorrow. In the meantime, would anyone mind telling me what I have to look forward to in 3.1? I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet.

Tari
  2. The Doctor

The Doctor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch