really hard to explain, but i'll try.. plz read

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by james_park617890, Dec 2, 2008.

1. james_park617890

james_park617890 New Member

so im on 2.0 jb 1st gen ipod touch, and i have this little itch about the music player. I always have my songs on shuffle mode and while playing a song, if i choose a different song in the same album by double tapping the screen to flip the cover art, it seems that all the songs that play afterwards (without me changing the song manually) are all the songs in the same album, so in effect, the shuffle effect only works within the album and not the entire music compilation....

i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to fix it. So even if I choose a song by double tapping an album, the songs that play afterwards will be from my entire music list, and not just from the aforementioned album...

hope it made sense and thank you
  2. Bazuny

Bazuny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you want it to be all your music toto songs and the first choice should be shuffle.
  3. james_park617890

if what u are saying is put the ipod into shuffle mode, it is already on shuffle...it's just that the shuffle mode does not work in the entire music directory, just the specific album i choose the song from......
  4. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    whenever you double tap an album, the ipod goes into album mode where it only looks at songs in that album. to make sure this doesn't happen you just have to not double click on an album. just select the song you want to be played under the tab SONGS and then it will shuffle your entire library.
  5. james_park617890

ohhh so there's no way to fix it???

cuz i find it annoying when i just want to listen to a particular song in the same album but then i'm forced to listen to only that album unless i manually change it....guess i'm the only one

thanks for ur help =]
  6. SalParadise

SalParadise Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm with you, I find that annoying as well, but I guess beggar's can't be choosers. Overall, I love the IPT.