Really Good portable battery

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by masterwill22, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Now I happened to stop by radioshack today and i found one of the best portable battery/charger for the ipod touch. It charges ALL ipods, the iphone, pda, psp, cellphones (The newer cellphones with the smaller charger doesn't work

Please Register or Log in to view images

), GPS, other mp3s for up to 50 hours! i bought one (obviously) and decided to give it a shot. It was 40$, which seemed like a good deal to me and i charged my portable battery/charger with my computer using an usb. The led light turned blue after 15-30 minutes meaning it can be used. Max charge takes a few hours. So plugged in my ipod touch and it charges pretty fast, if not, faster than the usb for the computer. There were even more gadgets such as an ac charger and car charger that can be connected to this. Apparently i got ripped off from radio shack because circuit city sold everything I got with the ac/car charger for 45$(It was online so it might have been cheaper. I bought mine in the radioshack store). So to sum it up:
    Pros
    Can charge more than the ipod touch(Look up for more details)
    50 hours of batteries
    The portable battery/charger takes 15-30 minutes to have enough energy to charge
    LED lights. Red= Charge more Blue= Sufficient energy.
    Sleek design
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1328/1179413151_b1c48821c5.jpg
    and
    http://www.staples.com/sbd/img/cat/std/s0234641_std.jpg
    Light and Portable
    FAST CHARGE!
    Cons
    It took me a while, but the circle around the led light was the on button to start charging
    Note the ON button. not off. I can't seem to figure out how to turn the LED light off. I just left it alone for 20 seconds and it goes off on it's own(When not plugged into any device)
    For some, the amount of add ons might be confusing, but it is really convenient with pratice.

So overall, this has product was simply awesome. Everyone should get this if they plan to go somewhere without power for couple of days or if they want to get a car / ac / cellphone / gps / pda / PSP / Ipod / Mp3 / and other usb chargers. Apparently radio shack doesn't include the ac and the car charger. They only include the cellphone, ipod, PSP, PDA, and GPS charger, so buy the set from circuit city >< I'm going to return mine and buy the more complete pack from circuit city

(Mine costs 40$ while circuit city costs 45$ with the car and ac charger added. I need to keep repeating myself. I don't know if the prices are cheaper online)

EDIT: Apparently i didn't buy the "kit". MY version was PPU2100B of the powerport series. Online was cheaper so if you plan to buy the kit that includes everything, it's really 60$ excluding tax).
    ANOTHER EDIT: Bad news. The ac adapter and the car adapter are 20 buck separately. So i really need to return my powerport now

2. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

I just use my Griffin plug in charger since I always have access to an outlet or computer, but this is a very good product for someone who isn't..
  3. xM45x

xM45x New Member

ill have to check this out
  4. minja3418

minja3418 New Member

5. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can get 5 complete charges with this one. The offical lenmar site stated that there were "Up to 5 complete recharges from a fully charged PowerPort."
    http://www.lenmar.com/Web/SearchRes...=search&smethod=lenmarsku&BackSKU=PPU2100BKIT
    for proof.

6. minja3418

minja3418 New Member

i dont mind the one but look at the price... haha

im a bit cheap

7. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I suppose

I'm more of a buy one and get everything done kind of person.
  8. manola

manola New Member

9. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This item (the Lenmar Power Port) is on sale at Radio Shack (basic, not the kit) for $19.99 and $2 shipping. With tax, I purchased it for $23.31.
  10. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    There are also these products

HyMini

and

K3

I have the Lenmar and it works well but it is tethered to the power outlet which isn't all that good if you're not near civilization.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.