Really Confused! Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by tactrunkmonkey, May 17, 2009.

1. tactrunkmonkey

tactrunkmonkey New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, I jailbroke my iPod touch a couple of months ago, using CyWood's Guide. Whenever I had to reboot, I would need to use my computer. A couple days ago, me being the dumbass I am, I ran LogoMe, and now I can't boot up my iPod using my computer. It just goes into DFU mode, and then I get to the white screen and nothing else happens. I was told I need to restore my iPod to fix it.

By restore, does that mean the restore button on the "My iPod" page on iTunes? Also, I heard/read that there was a new jailbreak (Better Version) for the iPod 2G, is this redsn0w .3? Is this version safe for use, or is it the beta everyone seems to hate? I am just really confuse,d and if someone could help me out that would be great.
  2. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    HOLY CRAP! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO RESTORE?!!?!?!?!?!?!?
    But yeah, you are right. Click the restore button and download redsn0w .3 from redsn0w.com
    You shouldn't be jailbreaking imo...
  3. tactrunkmonkey

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wow, thanks buddy, that was a really useful post. But in all seriousness, just because I have a life and don't 'study' iPods, I shouldn't be insulted. I'm sorry I can't meet your standards on iPods. I may not be an iPod expert, but at least I know that if you don't how something useful to post, don't post at all.
  4. Tbh he overreacted but you don't need to umm "study" iPods to know that. Just put it into DFU and select shift restore or restore but instead I'd use redsn0w 0.3 basically put it into DFU and run the redsn0w exe or file or w/e (google how to DFU, or search the forums) and next time SEARCH please.
  5. tactrunkmonkey

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried to search, and couldn't find an answer to my question:

WHERE IS THE RESTORE BUTTON?
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Plug your iPod into your computer, open iTunes, go to your iPods tab, look under the summary section, in the middle is the restore button
  7. tactrunkmonkey

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you so much.
  8. Man696

Man696 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Ya I''m going to have to agree with madcowz and say you should not be jailbreaking. If you need to post here to ask where the restore button is you must not be very intelligent.
    Also, how did you manage to jailbreak before if you don't know where the restore button is? You had to shift-click it.
  9. tactrunkmonkey

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was just asking if by restore, that meant the f***ing button on the Summary page, holy sh*t. How about you guys get off my balls?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    By redsn0w, do you mean the beta here, or is the full version out?

And my iPod isn't restoring. When I put it in DFU and press restore, it says I need the latest iTunes. I downloaded the newest version, and restarted my computer and I still get the error message.
  10. rcfreak339

rcfreak339 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes use that, but dude dont yell at us that you don't know just google it....I mean I could do it for you if you want....