Really confused, can someone explain?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shanrulez, Aug 13, 2008.

1. shanrulez

shanrulez New Member

Ok heres the deal, I got an Itouch back at the beginning of the year and jailbroke it with Ziphone not long after, everything was fine and I got all the perks, however not long ago I got one of those Apple update reminders and absentmindedly clicked it and it must have upgraded my firmware or something because ive lost all the jailbroken stuff on my ipod and installer etc etc. How do I get it back? And also is it possible to jailbreak to 2.0 or 2.1 to get apps and proper games? Finally is there any risk of re-jailbreaking my itouch since ive used bosstools etc already or is that all gone and I can do it again. If any of this is illegal to say here could someone pm me any info because I'm very confused about whats happened.

Thanks
    Shan
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok just checked my itouch version is 1.1.5 (4B1) if that helps.
  2. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok wen u upgrade it TOTALLY WIPES OUT ALL INFORMATION .......... the whole deal with bosstool ya thats wiped off... its basically like having a "fresh" ipod again, it is also possible to jailbreak 2.0 and 2.1 .... its just the matter of llookin around this website.....
  3. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

You'll have to re-download everything through installer, SSH, etc. You have upgraded, restored, and lost all of your previous data. You can still sync the same songs and pictures, etc through iTunes though.

It is very possible. Not all applications have been ported yet, but I'm fine with the ones that have been and so is half the jailbreaking community.

Not really... Once you restore it bring you back to factory settings. You can then update to 2.0, then "Pwn" it and receive Cydia. So yes you will have to re download and go through the steps of Bosstool again.

By the way 400th POST

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Jesus69

Jesus69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You can use Ziphone on 1.1.5 and get all of your stuff back... oh nevermind you should restore and then use ziphone on 1.1.5 then use ziphone...
  5. shanrulez

shanrulez New Member

ok thanks, how come I kept all my music and movies though? Or did it only wipe my jailbroken stuff, also I think I will look around to upgrade to 2.0.0, do i need to downgrade or can I do that from 1.1.5? Thanks again
  6. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

You can jailbreak 2.0. I suggest updating to 2.0 as well. Forget 1.1.x. It is primative compared to 2.0.