Really? After all that hype.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zc456, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Excuse me while I let off some much needed steam.

Is there anything good about this thing we can talk about? Cause I'm getting really fed up. I mean COME ON! The whole reason these forums exist is for this device - and the hype. Is there anyone here who actually critiqued it and didn't bash it and others who liked it to?

Lets look at the benefits.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The iPad merges both into one since I checked the specs and it includes a built-in microphone as well other cool features. I mean, sure, its a giant iPod Touch but you get the thing unlocked under the 3G network. Laptop sized keyboard, so people with fat fingers can jump for joy. Watch Movies, TV Shows, and (HD) YouTube in a larger resolution without squinting your eyes. iWork = Productivity. Yes there are office apps for iPhone but its more of show and tell. Plus there buggy as heck. Including a revamped UI for all current applications (excluding the desktop) that hardly look they came from the iPhone or iPod Touch. And the really nice feature... backwards compatibility. Just to name a few. Which most likely why people think its a giant iPod Touch, aside from the OS 1.0 looking desktop.

We all know where it lacks. So there's no point in bringing that back up. However... it isn't even out yet. Even though it lacks in other areas, it still has potential, in my opinion. I'm excited for the same reason you people hate it. So there. Flame me as you wish.

P.S.
    Leopard looked like Tiger when it was first demoed at WWDC, and Mac OS didn't get multitasking until System 5.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

I agree with you, but you could've let out your steam in plenty of other existing threads.
  3. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Then I woulda have most likely yelled.
  4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

How do you know the iWork apps are buggy as heck?
  5. Zc456

Zc456 Member

I don't. I just know that the iPad won't be out for another month or two. So they have plenty of time to polish it.
  6. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Honestly, you should know by now that most of Apple's events are fueled by high expectations(I blame the constant rumors reported by sites for that) and fanboyism.
  7. Zc456

Zc456 Member

True. Thing is the iPad shares technology from iPhone like the Touch. So technically its iPhone and iPod Touch's long lost cousin. We all knew it would use a variation iPhone OS. The Mac doesn't support mobile processors. Its meant for desktops and laptops, I mean the MacBook practically use Core 2 Dues instead of Intel Atom or ARM.
  8. TDG

TDG Active Member

If you're gonna let off steam, do it in existing threads.
  9. Zc456

Zc456 Member

I rather not repeat myself a million times. Plus it would just add more fuel to the fire within the popular negative threads.
  10. TDG

TDG Active Member

Well what's the point of starting a whole new fire?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.