Reality Check.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fauxy Bear, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Fauxy Bear

Fauxy Bear Banned

In the last few days, the technological world has been put into chaos. Why? Apple made a mistake. Yep. Tech blogs all around posting about a problem 24/7, forums such as this one slowly decaying into a pit of mass hatred. All because of a simple issue that Apple made. People make mistakes. They're only human. Remember Windows Vista? Remember God's decision to make a popular teen trend, lo and behold Justin Bieber. Because they're only human. Well, God's sort of human. But this isn't a discussion about God's mistakes. It's only a phone.

Yeah. You heard me. It's a phone. It's not magical. Apple might say so, but, that's marketing for you. Every company does it. People everywhere might kill to get their hands on one, but it's still just a phone for christ's sake. Mistakes are mistakes, and I tell you what, Apple didn't do this on purpose. They've had a lot on their hands, I'm sure, and we're nearing the climax of Apple's history. This is the first time Apple has ever been so popular. They're releasing so much products people want to get their hands on, the demand is insane. Accidents Happen.

Every company makes mistakes. Microsoft makes mistakes, Nintendo makes mistakes, Sony makes mistakes. As does Apple, Intel, AMD, LG, even car makers such as Toyota make mistakes (even if they're lethal :v). The Red Rings of Death. Breaking TV's since 2007. Buttons just not working. And cars just not stopping. All accidents, all mistakes. They all recognize this mistake and apologized...

...And every company fixed the problem. Eventually. Apple's responded to the situation and took away the restocking fee. Fixing the problem. Microsoft (I think..?) fixed the problem in Xbox 360s. Nintendo gave out free rubber casing and straps for their Wiimotes and fixed the problem. And along comes 4.0.1, hopefully fixing the problem. If it doesn't? Another fix will come along.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is Calm down. Remember when the Nexus One was having antenna issues? That barely got any coverage. But because the iPhone is so big, it's getting coverage everywhere and people are going clinically insane. It's time for a reality check.
  2. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

Well it is a problem. They think a software fix will make it all better, and it probably won't. There are millions of faulty iPhones out there, obviously it's a big deal.
  3. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Exactly, since Apple are such a huge company now the iPhone 4's flew off the shelves, as did the iPads, if a few of the first iPhone 4s were faulty then well... OK, but if millions are faulty then yes, that is a very big deal.
  4. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    We have the right to get mad if we buy a expensive phone, and the basic element of it doesn't work right. Also Apple is not human, it's a company. And I think after everyone testing out the new phone at Apple, someone should have seen such a big problem as this. Reality check for you, people want what the pay for.
  5. Fauxy Bear

Fauxy Bear Banned

Apple is human. It's composed of humans. It's the biggest phone release of 2010, probably, there's going to be a few problems. They tested it in a case, most likely the one that Gray Powell's was found in.
  6. wastedd

wastedd Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I was more than happy with my iphone 4 having upgraded from a 3gs.
    Then i started to notice all the complaints on this forum and other tech pages. So i decided to do a few tests of my own with the iphone 4 an my 3gs, i sat both phones side by side an started.
    Now i live on the outskirts of belfast and oddly on one side of my house both phones can only get EDGE signal and on the other side they both switch to 3g, so i did the same tests on both.
    Both phones show 3-5 bars in both areas. I ran speed tests using speedtest.nets app on both the edge an 3g signals and every time the iphone 4 came in faster in both upload and download.
    I then used safari to goto www.bbc.co.uk on both phones using both edge an 3g again. And again the iphone 4 was faster at loading this page. I repeated these tests 4 or 5 times an every time the results were the same.
    In the time ive had my iphone4 its never dropped a call yet and when the signal bars dropped and i checked my 3gs they had dropped on it also.
    I do have a bumper on my iphone4 and i hold it my left hand as i did with my 3gs. so for me where i live its no worse than my 3gs was.
    This is my own experience of the 2 phones, and i for 1 am more than happy with my iphone4, if i wasnt then id have to say my 3gs was faulty also which is wasnt.
    Dont get me wrong, if i had half the issues some on this forum speak of id be first in the que to return my phone but the truth is i dont, i am more than happy with it as are 1000s of other people and i cant beleive that all these people are die hard apple fans willing to waste money on a totally useless phone.
  7. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

Gray Powell's case was a disguise case. Why would they test them in that if they aren't selling those cases?

And it's not just a few problems, it's a few huge problems. People shouldn't have to expect problems when they buy their phone just because it's new anyway. There is a lawsuit going on for a reason; it's a huge problem.
  8. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wait really? You think they tested all the phone in a case? NO! They tested the without a case, and they knew of this problem. And I'm ok with there being a few minor problems. But I don't think that holding the phone and dropping all the way to EDGE is a "minor" problem.
  9. Fauxy Bear

Fauxy Bear Banned

You honestly think they completely knew that this problem would happen? Truly?
  10. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes, companies are supposed to do testing.