Real Vista Theme

Discussion in 'Customization Requests' started by surfboard3r, Jan 22, 2008.

1. surfboard3r

surfboard3r New Member

how hard would it be to have a windows vista icon in the dock area and when you tap on it the startup menu comes up but with a list of your applications. That way when you first unlock, u would only see the windows icon and the background.

Thanks
  2. k.nitsua

k.nitsua Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You can do it the ghetto way like I did.

In my dock I had 5 icons: "Start" Button, Music, Video, Photo, Safari

When you clicked on "Start", 4 Icons would show up on the springboard: Web, Applications, Games, Settings. Clicking on one of these would show all apps belonging to those categories on the springboard

Basically, I used customize to hide all the icons on the springboard and used categories to, well, categorize them. I would show images but I just recently updated to 1.1.3 to test out the TV output. I'm going to downgrade right now to 1.1.2 though, so when I do I'll post some images. Plus, I plan on creating my own themes using this methodology as soon as I find time between work and school.
  3. surfboard3r

surfboard3r New Member

cool so would you be able to only have 1 icon, the start one on the dock and add the others to the catagories>?
  4. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ohh wait i have an idea you could use stacks but it would be on the other side
  5. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    people have done this kinda thing before, if you look around you can score that vista look alike dock and start button for the bottom. the categories background could be made to look like a start menu too.
  6. dave.wwp

dave.wwp New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    yeah you can use categories but i totaly am against categories. i've seen so meny ipod's crash from that, including mine.