Real Quick - iPhone Screw Up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by manutdfan539, May 13, 2009.

1. manutdfan539

manutdfan539 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    OK, my friend did something to his iPhone, and he has no idea how to fix it. It has a cracked screen, but that's not the problem. He didn't have a SIM card, but he could still listen to music, download apps, browse on wi-fi, etc..
    He did something, I'm not sure what, but now when you un-lock it, it says to put in a SIM card. When you slide it, it shows the dial pad and says "Emergency Call" His iPhone was jailbroken, but I think he may have restored it. Is this why it is doing this?

Thanks for the help.

P.S I think it is a 1st gen but IDK how to tell.

--Sorry for my lack of iPhone knowledge.
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

well, if its the original iPhone, use QuickPwn to unlock and activate it. The original iPhone is metal on the back and a piece of black plastic on the bottom of the back.

for the 3G model, just pop in a SIM card that is designated to the iPhone to activate it. The 3G is either all black or all white on the back.
  3. manutdfan539

manutdfan539 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Is there no way to operate the 3G without a SIM card?
  4. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes just take out the sim card, or simply just dont put one in......

What i think your referring to, is basically a bug, i had a similar thing on my 3g, and i have a simcard and all that. Basically what happened was the phone somehow got de-activated, happens sometimes if the iphone crashes and you do a force-reboot. All you need to do is pug it into itunes, and let it get activated again. Or if worse comes to worse just restore it.