REAL advantages.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by chort27, Feb 11, 2008.

1. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Okay, I know you get the wiggle feature, but once you use it once you realize its not all that great... you can just use customize to reorder your apps.

I currently have a 1.1.1 jailbroken ipod touch and love it... what are the REAL advantages to upgrading to 1.1.3 or even 1.1.2? I don't see how it can make much of a difference, especially because there are so many people complaining about bugs and crashes.

Any response is appreciated.
    Chort

p.s. I apologize if there has already been threads about this, but I did a quick search and couldn't find any with a straight answer of anything worthwhile. Thanks.
  2. slybeans

slybeans New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    as far as i know the 1.1.2 firmware version dosen't have any bugs and 1.1.3 is just modyfying the version of 1.1.2 and thats y people ipods are crashing lol and u can probably change it anyway.
  4. LukeRocksALot

LukeRocksALot New Member

i can just wait until they unlock 1.1.3,and we can download the 1.1.3 features from installer,thats what they did for the calander fix
  5. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There is nothing good. You should stay where you are. Only sorrow lies ahead.

Now that you've heard what you want to hear, the actual list of features is

* wiggle (really is useful and easy to arrange your icons as you wish)
    * real working mail (beeps for new mail, no crashes on attachments) for touch
    * real working calendar (beeps for meeting reminders) for touch
    * that location thingie in google maps, which works ok
    * safari seems a bit improved, web clippings work well
    * if you have lyrics in your songs in itunes, you can see them on the touch

That's about it.
  6. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can just use customize to change your dock. plus with summerboard it becomes obselete.

it sounds like there are definately some perks to upgrading, but I don't want to upgrade to 1.1.3 until the full thing is released because of the bugs. Maybe I'll upgrade to 1.1.2, and stay there for a while until the new 1.1.3 is realeased...
  7. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    omg, it has been so long. if you havent done it yet, why now? or just try it and stop asking everyone else about it. why is everyone so codependant?
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Search Function.

USE IT.
  9. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

There's also the ability to sync movie rentals to the iPod, plus the supposed new feature of chapters (but I had videos with chapters on it when I was running 1.1.2, I just ticked the box in Handbrake to add chapters to the file, worked perfectly).

Other than that, one thing that is noticeable when you first upgrade is that the opening of applications and the loading of the home screen is more slick and slightly faster. And there's also the fact that you're not forced to break the law just to put the "Phone apps" on the iPod, because you have the option to pay a small price to get them. Also, a small bug - one that really annoyed me - is fixed in 1.1.3; in 1.1.1/1.1.2, if you set a timer to put your iPod to sleep in a few minutes, then closed the Clock application, the timer would always be set to the "Time Passing" alarm, so you had to stay in the clock application if you wanted the "sleep ipod" setting to stick. This is fixed in 1.1.3.

But you're not really losing much (yet) by sticking with 1.1.1. When the SDK comes out and some great apps are released, it would be slightly stupid to stick with 1.1.1, but until then the incentives to update to 1.1.3 are mainly superficial and over-hyped.
  10. GuybrushT

GuybrushT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    when you JB there's always a possibility to encounter troubles in your way... I used the first 4 types of JBing the second one worked for me until the webclips transparent mask goes away... moving apps file caused the trouble I think. then i reJB with the second "official" way... and got pairing error, stuck at recovery mode... and the recovery mode doesnt work cause itunes didnt recognize the ipod... it was a miracle that worked at last... never tried ipodtouchmaster way.... but heck its the same as the the dev team 2nd official release...

After restore the ipod... I decided --for the first time in my life--to buy software... So I bought the JSU and its the best decision that i took...

here the advantages

* No more waiting for the JB to be released, to safely upgrade your ipod to the latest version.
    * No more restoring to 1.1.1 to reJB...
    * No more "void warranty" fears, or law infringement...
    * enjoy the new functionality of the upcoming f/w's before jailbreakers...
    * and think about it: 1.1.2 f/w is not fully JBroken... so the upcoming ones are far for being JBroken too... just soft upgrades for now on?????? no way! thats not my coup of tea!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks for reading

Please Register or Log in to view images