ready to quit

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whilechukwuzout, Feb 11, 2008.

1. whilechukwuzout

whilechukwuzout New Member

this shiit is getting too hard. too much is involved... nothing works... the new installer doesnt work, so i tried to reinstall and now theres no installer at all on my ipod. SSH wont work.

maybe theres a reason stevie decided to wait to release a proper sdk.
  2. xM45x

xM45x New Member

why do you guys NEED to be on 1.1.3 im on 1.1.2 and it works FINE
  3. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

still amazingly happy here with 1.1.2
  4. uberaeth

uberaeth New Member

Hah, still happy on 1.1.1
  5. whilechukwuzout

i dont. I purposely avoided 1.1.3 because 1.1.2 was working fine. I just naively updated the installer to version 3 because i thought there was some advantage. Lesson learned.
  6. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it's a HACK, it's not commercial software. Just stay at 1.1.2. What's the problem?

And "stevie" would rather you pay him $20 to get your 4 new apps and wiggle icons. That's brain dead easy.
  7. whilechukwuzout

I still have 1.1.2 The only thing I upgraded was the installer. I have no desire to get the wiggling applications and I could care less for a half baked gps. Im just saying that the once easy jailbreak hack has become more and more complicated with each release. And its at the point where I wouldnt even think about upgrading to 1.1.3 out sheer complication.

The gripe about the installer 3.0 application is that it took a working program (2.0) and turned it into seemingly unfixable dead disk space on my ipod.

THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT 1.1.3!!! I couldnt care about upgrading to 1.1.3!!! can i make it any more clear that I DO recognize that jailbreak works fine on 1.1.2, and that I have stayed with 1.1.2 for that very reason.
  8. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, but the problem is, the development community *does* care about 1.1.3, and *is* moving there - so (assuming you update installer) you'll still be impacted by the changes that have to happen to all the apps and installer due to the major change in 1.1.3 of no longer running everything as a single super-user (root).

If your 1.1.2-based touch is stable, the next few weeks are probably not the best time to install new apps. Looks like the "real" 1.1.3 jailbreak is out, or will be soon, so the install process should become simpler. Developers are slowly working the kinks out of their apps and the install system under 1.1.3. It should all be a lot better soon.

What is this post about?
  9. Azuremen

Azuremen New Member

Can you give us more information? I have installer 3.0 in my 1.1.2 firmware and its working fine. Though, when I did go to 1.1.3 back a week ago I had several issues with installer for a bit; mostly it not installing anything or letting me re-install it.

With more information we might be able to help you a bit better. At the moment, my only suggestion is to restore and re-jailbreak. Tansee can back up the media content and iTunes can store clock settings, contacts, and the likes. And someone around here has a Tansee serial they don't mind sharing, so yeah.
  10. Wuz Ranger

Wuz Ranger New Member

I was on a jailbroken 1.1.3 and it sucked. It never worked the way I wanted it to work. I finally took about four hours and started over on 1.1.1. I am extremely happy on 1.1.2, I am not moving up to 1.1.3 any time soon.

Good Luck,