Reading comics/or pdf viewer

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by arikado, Nov 12, 2008.

1. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So... i have a lot of comics on my computer from marvel to dc; batman to spiderman, i was wondering if it was possible to view them on my ipod touch.

A PDF viewer if you will.

Also, mangas, in normal picture forms; .jpg, .bmp, how will i go about reading mangas without the ipod touch distorting the quality of it?

Are there any specific manga/comic apps out there?
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you tried searching? Try this perhaps?
  3. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Awesome, thanks. I have a 2g touch, so i'm still waiting for the jailbreak. I'll be waiting for this
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

In the meantime, for PDF and picture viewing I suggest Air Sharing but Comic Zeal will work for Marvel comics as long as you let the client resize them. Air Sharing will also let you upload files via WiFi so you don't get the iTunes resizing issues.
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Use Discover: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292416855&mt=8

With Discover, you can view the PDF files at their original size. Just zoom into each panel since the screen isn't big enough. You also don't need Wifi to transfer it. You can use an app called DiskAid to transfer via USB to the DCIM (Photos) Folder. Within that, you can create more folders to organize your comics.

DiskAid: http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/

Also, all that I've mentioned requires NO Jailbreaking.
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Notice that iComic is undergoing development for App Store release, which means jailbreaking will no longer be a requirement (and it can download files from a local server on a computer): see the wiki link in the post Studangerous had. Also, Air Sharing's a better option, IMO, for PDF files due to the working previous/next page buttons. It's not as good for just viewing pictures, however.