Reading Comics On Your 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by studangerous, Jan 9, 2009.

1. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello peeps. You may or may not have seen me around. Anyway I just thought I would bring attention to the wonder of reading comics on your UNJAILBROKEN 2G iPod Touch. This app has been around for some time but is hidden away on the Jailbreak Apps forum and many of you may not realise it is now on the appstore. Anyway, for those of you who are new to all this iPod Touch stuff I give you iComic!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading Comics On Your 2G iPod Touch

Unfortunately for comic fans, iTunes converts all photos (or jpeg comic images) to a downscaled resolution when transferring to your iPhone or iPod touch so comic jpegs are unreadable. iComic overcomes this and utilises the touch-screen zoom, landscape view and accelerometer to provide a great portable electronic comic book reader and zipped image viewer. Welcome to the world of iComic.

Please Register or Log in to view images

iComic is developed and maintained by Yosh*take Yamamoto (Yama) from Japan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

iComic is priced at $0.99 on the Appstore.[iTunes Linky].

iComic for Appstore FAQ

Download the FAQ I released for iComic yesterday from the links below. It tells you everything you need to know about getting the most out of iComic.

AppStore_iComic_V1.3_FAQ.pdf for Adobe Reader
    iComicFAQ.zip for iComic
    AppStore_iComic_V1.3_FAQ.doc for Word

and a direct link to download from in iComic (limited bandwidth server)
    http://h1.ripway.com/studangerous/iComicFAQ.zip

Useful Links:

Yama's blog (Japanese translated by Google)
    The iComic Wiki (Japanese & English)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Note that the main thread for discussion and independent support for iComic is HERE.

And for those of you looking for an ebook reader for your 2G iPod Touch and a great selection of books I would highly recommend this thread HERE.
  2. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for the thread. iComic is a very handy app. I'll buy that tomorrow.ü
  3. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Enjoy! Note also that if you can get hold of a pdf to jpeg conversion program you can convert your pdfs for viewing under iComic too! Bigger files sizes but much more manageable than under any of the currently available file transfer/document viewers available for the 2G.
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sure dude. But I think your thread is misplaced? Or not?
  5. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No not misplaced... I'm just giving you 2G owners the heads up as I have just relaesaed the FAQ for the Appstore version of iComic and you may not have seen the iComic thread in the Jailbreak section... The full original thread with 100k+ views is linked at the bottom of the first post...
  6. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh, so you're like an endorser? LOL. It's very useful info mehhn. You made me buy it. lol.
  7. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nope I have nothing to do with the developer apart from being in contact with him since we found this nice little Japanese icomic.app for the jailbroken 1.1.1 iPod Touch nearly two years ago. If you go to the 'other' icomic thread that I mentioned you'll see what 'ım talking about. I'm just a die hard iComic fanboy and thought some 2G users may not know about this great functionality that can be added to their iPod Touches. Seeing as how I just released an FAQ for this app a few days ago I thought some may find it interesting to have it posted here too.

If you'd read to the end of the first post you may accuse me of being a promoter for Stanza too

p.s. if you can be bothered to read this far also, the 'other' thread has some useful links for comics in the 4th post...