Read/Write access lost after successful jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by zzilch, Oct 11, 2007.

1. zzilch

zzilch New Member

I was discussing this with someone in another thread, but I'm making a new one specifically to ask two questions:

If you are on an Intel Mac, and you successfully performed the jailbreak on your iPod Touch, and have installed applications, rebooted, enjoyed your newfound freedom, etc. Do you still have read/write access on your iPod?

And if yes, exactly which version of iPhuc did you use?

The reason I'm asking is that I successfully followed the guide and jailbroke my iPod, installed some apps, etc. but I don't have read/write access anymore after the last reboot. There is a recent post on tuaw.com that notes this problem and attributes it to different version of iPhuc though that isn't certain to be the cause. But even so, I have to jailbreak it again because I forgot to add the extra files I need to get mail working, but if I could maintain read/write access after doing it again that would be fantastic.

So if anyone (on an Intel Mac) can still access their iPod (ssh and sftp) after jailbreaking, please let me know.
  2. phlegm36

phlegm36 New Member

I'm using Intel iMac Core Duo system, running OS X 10.4.10 and have successfully JailBroke my iPod Touch earlier this afternoon. After having installed quite a few apps and most recently patched the N45AP.plist file (to enable Calender add functionality). I still DO have read/write access at this point in time, nearly 12 hours after following the guide.

I am using iPhuc version 0.6.1, and am using Transmit as my FTP client.

Hope this helps!
  3. swedishviking

swedishviking New Member

And as said in our previous discussion about this.. I too have had no problems and it's been running for about 12 hours, just like phlegm36 ..

It was jailbroken from a Windows Vista laptop.. and the iPod touch itself has been restarted and tinkered with numerous times throughout the day with no problems so far.

And as I stated earlier, I have serious doubt as to the read+write access somehow reverting if you've followed the guides correctly.. If the fstab is edited as it should be and all other steps have been completed, I see no way it could simply revert unless Apple has some hidden code to execute such a move.. which I sincerely doubt.

The reports we've seen about this are most likely from people that have either missed a crucial step in the jailbreak guide(s) or used a specific version of some file or other that causes this problem, thus explaining why only some people have experienced it.
  4. zzilch

zzilch New Member

Thanks so much again for the insight. I'll update if anything changes with my situation. I'm in a new location with a new router setup so I'm hoping the issues I have had nothing to do with the jailbreak and were to do with the strange internet configuration I had set up at my office which I don't need to bother explaining.
  5. digdug

digdug New Member

I've lost read/write access... I can't SFTP in.