read ebooks in 2nd gen Ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by loislane74, Oct 17, 2008.

1. loislane74

loislane74 New Member

hi, im newbie in this forum and have questions i will buy an ipod touch 2nd gen very very soon my question is how can i read my ebooks which are in .pdf .txt or .doc format thanks...
  2. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
  3. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You'll have to convert them to ePub using this: http://www.bookglutton.com/api
    Then Download Stanza Desktop Edition, and Enable Sharing (Under Tools)
    Open the books you want to read on your computer
    open Stanza iPhone, and Go to "Shared Books". Make sure you're on the same network as your computer.
    Click on your computer name, and there you go!
  4. mtitono

mtitono New Member

If not you can use AirSharing, an app that you must buy from itunes, or similars app (i forgot the name), but im using AirSharing.

You can drag and drop using wifi(just a computer to ipod connection will do) to the folder in your ipod directly, so easy.. and it can open many other files..
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

If you want to read PDF, txt, and DOC format files, you can use Safari. Otherwise, there's AirSharing, Stanza, eReader, and BookShelf, among others. Also Book-Z reads text files without conversion.

However, none of the applications I mentioned above (save AirSharing) support PDF files natively.
  6. loislane74

loislane74 New Member

thanks for all the suggestion but is there an available free app that i can use to view my .txt files thanks
  7. Lupevalenz

Lupevalenz New Member

You can try this? Readdle seems to have all the formats you need, there is a free web version where you can read offline as well, then there is the native app that cost about 15 bucks. Hopefully that helps with what your looking for.

Though I have to admit, I love stanza as a ebook reader. Its free and supports Rich text format. Not sure if its the same as txt, don't think it is but just mentioning it.
  8. loislane74

loislane74 New Member

thanks Lupe for that application now it says on the website of Stanza to export your reading material to a wide array of formats that can be read on your mobile device i have to download the native application of stanza from Itunes which is free, but the problem is i dont have an account there so that means i cant download the app and i cant create unfortunately since i dont have a credit card

Please Register or Log in to view images

actually what i want to do is I can take the books on the road and read them wirelessly — no internet connection required!
    what could be my other options?
    thanks!
  9. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

You don't need WiFi to use Stanza. Just to download books.
  10. Apizao118

Apizao118 New Member

How does stanza work after you've installed it? Like what do I do to add the .doc and .pdf files i want. BTW is there any way to read a .doc file with pictures and sh*t on it?