*READ* Broken Installer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kurtisboyd, Mar 21, 2008.

1. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I really didn't want to post a thread on this, but I've searched and can't find an answer.

About 30 minutes ago I refreshed my sources and it said that a new update was available for Installer. I pressed update and it came up with "Package Download Failed" so I pressed okay because I was just going to try and install it later.

I then found something else I wanted to install so I pressed "install" and cleared the queue and it installed, but then it said after "Installer Was Updated, Installer Will Restart". It closed and when I clicked on Installer again it crashed to the Springboard.

I tried a few times, restarted my iPod and nothing worked. I set all the permissions correctly and even uninstalled and re-installed manually (making sure to chmod to 4755 and the chown command in the terminal). I've re-booted about 5 times now!

I've done all this and all Installer does is crash to the Springboard.

I'm on Firmware 1.1.1 with a 16gb iPod Touch.
  2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, you're on 1.1.1, and that might affect the newer versions of Installer. Also, you might be so out of space for apps that they have no room for temporary files. This is weird though...
  3. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm not out of space, I've moved my fonts and apps previously with bosstools.

I'll try to manually downgrade and I'll report back.

Also, has anyone here updated installer today or very recently?

If you have, are there any changes worth updating for?

I've been looking for an excuse to update to 1.1.4 but just don't want to lose all my apps and don't want loads of bugs.
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it still doesn't work try clearing your queue.
    1 person likes this.
  5. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just fixed it!

After a bit of digging around I found (thanks to kujo) that I had to delete my RemotePackages.plist file!

It seems it got too big.

Anyway, thanks for your help guys, and you probably can close this thread if you want.

+reps to all of you for trying to help anyway

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: It seems I have to spread some rep around before giving it to you guys. Don't worry, you'll see it soon.