Read before reporting errors - Common errors encountered and fixes for them.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by mmk92, Feb 22, 2009.

1. mmk92

mmk92 New Member

-iTunes errors
    ... Issue- Can't restore, gives errors.

---Overview- This is because your iTunes files are probably messed up, simply clean up everything of itunes(including all subfolders located on your filesystem). Note: I haven't noticed this problem on Mac OS X.

... Issue- Corrupted disk/Unwritable.

---Overview- This has the same cause AND fix s the issue above, follow those steps.

-Boot errors

... Issue-iPod not booting after tethered jailbreak(Black Screen)

---Overview- That's normal, you have a patched kernel and the ipod is refusing to boot, this is when you need to enter DFU using the key presses, and then continue the process. If you are stuck and can't do anything(Not even boot up the JB), then simply enter DFU and restore to the official firmware.

... Issue-(Windows) Errors saying that the "USB attatched could not be recognized.

---Overview- This is COMPLETELY normal with the thethered JB. Carry on the process obove to fix this problem.

... Issue- Stuck at boot logo after Semi-Tethered.

---Overview- This is most probably because you did something wrong during the installation, review your steps.

Post questions so that I could add fixes for them.

iPods CANNOT get bricked, the only way you can brick it is if you do it intentionally.

If you continue to face problems, then I advise you restore to the original firmware and wait for the official complete release, or/and try to use some tools created by fellow members.
  2. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is great, if their weren't so many stickies this should be included
    Thanks for your work