Release [Re-Release]A8stract NTWmodded

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by NINJ4, Dec 20, 2008.

1. NINJ4

NINJ4 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This isn't really a lot of original work of mine, just a mashup of several very similar themes (A8stract by mcdj and sgraves, A8stract NTW by Nettwerk, and Elegance by LO ZIO EMY, and Macbook Air Keyboard by [wear]), some of which were also mashups of other (and sometimes uncredited) themes before them.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Unlike all three of its predecessors, it's optimized for the iPod Touch instead of the iPhone, and features a dock reflection to match. For those of you that want an iPhone dock reflection, download 'A8stract NTW' theme on Cydia and use the dock reflection provided there. I also added or changed more than two dozen icons from the original A8stract NTW. This theme also includes a better matching keyboard, and all the UI work done by Nettwerk on NTW. No lockscreens or batteries, although I may add them in the future.

I personally think this version of this theme is more complete and stays true to the elegant vision of all three. You do not see all the icons in the screenshots.

Comments, questions, and requests (within reason) are all welcome. Hope you enjoy this theme as much as I do.

Warning: because it's such a comprehensive theme it rolls in at just under 6MB, so slow connections beware.

CLICK HERE to download this theme

Icon template PSD can be found by CLICKING HERE
  2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Very sleek, very professional, very nice, very well put together. Suggestions: the red badge sticks out a lot, it should be changed; this theme looks very nice in black white grey and steely blue (basically the first page of icons) than all the bright colors in the
    other pages,so if u could try to keep the theme to those colors itd look way better IMO.
  3. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Wow! Very nice look!!

Im not so hot on the icons, but the big "turn ons" for me are definitely the statusbar and the "page dots". They're very original!

4. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Jesus christ. Will people stop stealing things.

You have to ask for permission first and then credit them after.

Cant just take things and use them willy nilly.

This is happening way to much on this forum.
  5. NINJ4

NINJ4 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i think forum troll is a pretty cool guy. eh thinks hes teh admin and doesnt afraid of anything.

Your post is particularly ironic because you're a part of a community that literally exists only to perform identical sorts of "unauthorized modifications," you do of course realize that, right? Anyhow, I didn't claim any credit for this theme, I just took several very similar items and put them together in the most visually appealing manner possible. Very sorry if this offends you, and I would suggest you don't release your themes for use on an open source environment such as Winterboard if you don't want them modified or re-released.

Eh, the icons were the primary reason I adopted this theme over other good looking themes, but thanks for the compliments. The Page dots are from the Elegance theme that I credited, and I really thought they added a lot to the overall effect of the theme, glad you like them. The idea for the Statusbar came from another theme, but was created by me.

I didn't think the red badge was all that terrible, but I'll try experimenting with some other setups to see if I like them better. At first, I wasn't sure what you meant about the bright colors, but now that I've noticed how much they don't really fit the color scheme, I'm probably going to have to change them because they're bothering me so much. XD

Thanks for the input guys!

6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The only problem I have with the badge is it's circular, while everything else in the theme is more on the angular side, and once again it's a bright color. This theme could very easily be pulled off with brighter colors, basically just inverse everything except the icon glyphs, but it probably wouldn't look as nice.