RE: Multi-tasking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by r56mcs, Sep 13, 2010.

1. r56mcs

r56mcs Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    This is my first iPT and I would like to know how the "multi-tasking" capability is different from the previous generations.

If you stop a game and start a movie, and go back to game, will the game be where I left it on the prev. ipt's?
  2. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
  3. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Multitasking is the same across all generations that support it, and that can support it by force via Jailbreak.
  4. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

If games don't have the multitasking API they'll just restart as if you exited them - however those that do will usually just pause until you resume your session.

Same thing applies to practically every other app.
  5. r56mcs

r56mcs Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    So do all Android phones have multi-tasking capability?
  6. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It depends on the game. Whoever made the game had to have implemented multitasking. Some developers haven't caught up to the multitasking implementation so it doesn't work like it should. Within some time, most devs will be doing it though.
  7. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Most apps should implement multitasking. The only thing you really need to do is add a few lines of code and recompile for iOS 4.
  8. accordion

accordion New Member

Does having every app add to the list have any negative effects other than clogging up the bar and making it completely useless for getting to recent apps quickly?

Would the the option to simply double tap the home button to bring up the menu, and having an 'add' button above the current icons been so hard to implement? without constantly cleaning up, extended use just makes it a single file home screen…awful!
  9. p1ayrTh3 Ru13

p1ayrTh3 Ru13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^there is an cydia app that only multitasks when you open the tray. i forgot wat its called
  10. meccs

meccs New Member

One thing I still don't understand: When I play a game that supports multitasking and I close it, I have to open up the 'tray bar' to close it there too so that it doesn't run in the background? Or does it get suspended so that it doesn't eat up all the battery?

And what about an instant messaging app like Beejive. Does it run in the background when I close it? And if yes, does the Touch stay connected to WiFi even if it is in Standby?

Thanks