Re-Jailbreaking Question

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by rf10s7, Dec 10, 2009.

1. rf10s7

rf10s7 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hello

Please Register or Log in to view images

I currently have a jailbroken iPod Touch 2G 3.0 firmware. I've been running into some problems with cydia so I was thinking about restoring to the newest firmware and then re-jailbreaking.

I was wondering if I will lose all of the data (games saves and such) inside my apps once I complete the process (re-jailbreaking). I'd really hate to lose all of my progress in my apps.

Thanks!
  2. Dabone

Dabone Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Use aptbackup to keep jailbroken apps.
  3. rf10s7

rf10s7 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    But I'm talking about other apps, like my purchased games. I know I'll be able to keep them, but will I have all the data I had before? Like for example the level of my character in Ravensword, will that be preserved?
  4. xblindx

xblindx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Your level and stuff should be kept, as long as you restore your ipod from a backup rather than setting it up as a new ipod after you restore it.
  5. rf10s7

rf10s7 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Alright thanks for the tip, going to try it now and I hope it works haha.
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You don't even need to restore if you're just updating to 3.1.2. Of course, it's better, but not necessary. Also, I've been tinkering around some system files and found a way to backup your game saves. Well, I haven't done it to many games, just one, and it worked. Basically I SSH-ed into my Applications folder, found the game I wanted to backup, and I copied the 'Documents' folder onto my desktop. I then uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, ran the game (I had to start a new one obviously, but I just ran it to double check), then navigated to the application's folder, and copied the 'Documents' folder back in. And well, it worked! Maybe you could try that out in case.
  7. rf10s7

rf10s7 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah I acualkly have been having loads of problems with cydia so that's my main reason to re-jailbreak.

Thanks for information! I think I'll do that for a few of my games to be safe.
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

No problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

Let me know how it goes, you'll be my test subject