Re-Installing Cydia Packages After Upgrade???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by NintendoTim, Aug 29, 2008.

1. NintendoTim

NintendoTim New Member

So I'm sure we've seen this story floating around about being able to reinstall our Cydia packages after a firmware upgrade from that other iPod touch/iPhone website (don't know how linking to other "competing" websites goes down with you guys, so google around, I'm sure you'll find it). They give a VERY quick and dirty guide on how to do so, but it seems that they're using Terminal to SSH into the iPod touch/iPhone, and not an SSH client like CyberDuck or Fugu.

I dread using Terminal, so I'm not up to speed on how to maneuver thru the workings of it (hell, I remember going thru MS-DOS on a PC back in the day to play games...key phrase: "back in the day").

Has anybody else had any luck doing so, and can you give the "I ride the short bus" guide on how to do this? I'm wanting to upgrade to 2.0.2, but I don't want to manually reinstall all my packages...I'm sitting on a veritable metric ass-ton of stuff DL'd from Cydia.

Any help would be AWESOME.
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

3. NintendoTim

NintendoTim New Member

Sorry about the thread...search didn't bring that back for me.

Thanks man.