Re-installed iTunes, all iTunes apps gone from Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JHW, Apr 27, 2009.

1. JHW

JHW New Member

All --

I have a jailbroken 2G Touch. Everything went fine with the jailbreak and I've had a great time using Wiki2Touch, MXTube, GRiS, etc. over the last month.

I was forced to re-install Windows on my computer recently and then re-installed iTunes. Syncing my Touch with iTunes (I use it just to get videos and pics onto the Touch) managed to "erase" all the Apple Store apps from my Touch.

These apps still show up under Library > Applications in iTunes, but syncing applications from the Library to my Touch doesn't bring them back.

All of the Cydia / Installer apps are still there. It's like iTunes isn't "seeing" the non-jailbreak apps I have in my library.

Anyone know a fix for this? I'd rather not kill my jailbreak and I don't want to pay again for all of the apps I have from the Apple Store.

TIA
    JHW
  2. enyahs

enyahs Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    If you purchased the apps from the app store, then just log in on the same account that you purchased, and press buy again, and when you do it will pop up and say "Since you have already purchased this app before, the update is free" or something to that effect.
  3. JHW

JHW New Member

Thanks enyahs. I had to re-authorize my computer but your fix did work.

The only problem remaining is that in Library > Applications, each app now appeared twice! Not a huge deal -- I deleted the duplicates.

Thanks for your help.
  4. enyahs

enyahs Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    NP..hmm never had that problem but maybe if i come across it i could tell ya.
  5. et94

et94 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeh lol thats what happened to me and my music to
  6. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was just going to say Authorize Your Computer.

Its because you probably missed the little dialog box that says "Your account is not authorized with this computer. Authorize it now, or all of the applications on "You iPods Name" will be deleted."

You probably pressed cancel, thinking it was some stupid thing.