Re-Calibrating Accelerometer

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by devecseri, Jun 13, 2010.

1. devecseri

devecseri New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, I've tried to find a fix for this for at least a year now.. I have a jailbroken ipod touch, its my second one, the first one was returned.. but when i got the second one in the mail, using a level app i noticed the accelerometer was off by 3-4 degrees when i put it on the floor of my house.. my house is not on a 4 degree tilt in every direction... Now, i've seen so many threads about how it would be possible to make a simple application that lets you re-calibrate your accelerometer.. mabye not truly recalibrate but at least zero it.. and everyone is like.. yeah yeah thats a great idea lets do it! but NO ONE HAS DONE IT YET, AND ITS 2010.. THE THREADS I SAW WERE FROM 2007... It seems like its a large enough problem that someone would have fixed it already... i mean its been like three years.. cmon devs get in gear.. or im gona have to learn iphone programming..

Please Register or Log in to view images

(p.s. I'm talking about a JAILBROKEN way of doing this. Not downloading an app from the app store and pressing calibrate to fix it for that one app. Im talking about actually hacking into where the accelerometer stuff is located in the system and zeroing. Just trying to make myself clear.)
  2. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    It has been suggested (Like you said) and won't be made. Not sure if it's possible, but it's not necessary. Maybe that app you used was off, or your house is on that slight tilt. If Apple felt it was needed, they would have made it standard on the iPod.
  3. omokas

omokas Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    My accelerometere was off by 10 degrees or more, and when i was playing games like need for speed , i couldn't play them normaly. I downloaded an application from AppStore which fixed it

Please Register or Log in to view images

It called something like AppBox or something like that.