RE: Begging for Roms

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by Kronusdark, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Kronusdark

Kronusdark New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ok perhaps i missed something, if so someone please enlighten me

i have been "in-to" emulation for quite a while, since the late 90s and i have never, EVER seen a place where it was ok to ask for roms/iso's why is this allowed and when did it become acceptable?

last i checked it is 100% illegal to download or upload roms/iso's unless you actually OWN the game (including posting links to repos wtih "600 bijillion psx games")

now im not saying im a saint i have downloaded the occasional rom/iso that i do not own but its always been a google it or search for youself kind of thing

so my big question is, what do other emulation "old farts" think about this turn of events?
  2. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    What turn of events?
    We still send everyone to google.
  3. jaymzleon

jaymzleon Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    thats his point...we shouldnt have to... since when did everyone think it was just ok to ask is what hes getting at...it used to be a hush hush thing, download on your own..but dont go openly asking "where can i finds me some pokemon roms!"
  4. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Noobs then.
    I guess they see that we talk about emulators themselves a bunch, they think they might as well ask where they can get games.
  5. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

ROM repos as well. this site doesnt allow direct linking to ROM images, but its perfectly fine if someone links to a repo full of ROMs? thats basically the same thing, you are linking to a source for ROMs.
  6. Kronusdark

Kronusdark New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    im also worried that the video game industry might start doing what the MPAA and RIAA have been doing because of the sudden interest in emulation
  7. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Maybe.
    Most Emu's only work well on N64 and below, and with the exception of that Wii Marketplace thing, I don't think there's an active market for such games.

In all fairness though, they could start to be on the lookout. They have every right to. I just dont think the audience of emulation is big enough to make it worthwhile to patrol yet.