Re-Arranging My Status Bar

Discussion in 'Customization Requests' started by bsparks, Apr 18, 2009.

1. bsparks

bsparks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have done some research and have found that it is indeed possible to add icons to the status bar easily, other apps do it fine, but you can't control the order, which is okay. I have also found that in WinterBoard you can adjust the clock to the right, just not the left. Also fine. And I have also noticed that if I insert a rather large carrier icon I can push my wifi bars around a tiny bit, but not by much.

However, what I wanted to know was, is it possible to write a mobilesubstrate plugin to tell the iPhone OS to place the icons in a different position entirely, like for instance, tell the iPod to put the battery 50px to the left of where it is normally, and to put the WiFi indicator next to that, and then to add icons ontop of those. Or even just keep the battery where it is, and add a few blank icons before any other status icons can be added, and move the time to the right.

What I am trying to achieve is something close to this mockup, is what I am saying. But I lack any or most of the coding skill required for this.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thank you for your time,
    Brad
  2. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would also be interested in this...not important but would be another little personalization i can add to my iPod...just to be different

Please Register or Log in to view images