Ravensword...

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by ipodtouchfan14, Nov 22, 2009.

1. ipodtouchfan14

ipodtouchfan14 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I purchased Ravensword yesterday and started playing it earlier today. I have to say the game looks amazing, the controls are average but no serious complaints about them.

But honestly the content was horrible...I blew through game in a few hours and only upgraded my weapon twice and bought 2 pieces of armor and that's what my inventory consisted of. I started with the club then got the BS sword and then the Ravensword.

The game was so easy it's pathetic, I only died like 3 times in the whole game. I finished with like 5k gold and the most expensive item I saw was like 400 gold at the blacksmith. What was the point of even adding gold to the game when you have nothing to spend it on except food, and blast arrows which I never really used?

Don't get me wrong the visual aspects of the game were amazing, especially for an Ipod touch game. But they could have done so much more with the game. The quests were so simple, I now see why they felt a map wasn't necessary. There just wasn't really anything to do, the game really has no content.

I'd definitely have to say I regret purchasing this game. When I first started playing I couldn't believe how much it reminded me of Oblivion. Soon I realized that wasn't the case... And no I didn't expect it to have the content that a console game would have, but for 8 bucks and for how great the visuals are I expected a little more at least. With the amount of content in the game I think it falls more into the 2.99 price region.

Well that's my 2 cents and my first post on IPTF. Thanks for reading.

PS: The devs definitely weren't being modest when they compared it to Zelda and Elderscrolls...pff give me a break.
  2. Fishy

Fishy Member

Device:
    iPad
    o.o I'm still going. I just play on the side.
  3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    If you create a game with that intense of graphics, then you can sell it for whatever price you would like. Just because some cheap 8 bit game has a longer storyline, is cheaper, it doesn't mean that an open GL 3D game with intense graphics with a shorter storyline should be cheaper than an 8 bit.

More work in should equal more cash gained. Better (3D) graphics (and shadows) and great controls and shorter story creates more work than a 2/2.5 dimension game with a long story line... Therefore, it is worth more...

That is my not so 2 cents.
  4. ipodtouchfan14

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Honestly the money doesn't matter to me I'm just disappointed because I was looking forward to this game. I'm a pretty big rpg fan.

I guess I realize now why it was only like 65 megs or whatever it was. I wasn't complaining about the price. I just think the game had a lot of potential and they just didn't spend enough time on it. I mean Dungeon hunter doesn't have near the graphics and it was like 225 megs.

It all comes down to they just didn't really put much effort into the content, all they cared about was the visuals. Which made the game misleading imo.
  5. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I removed your duplicate copypasta thread from the review section (it's more of a rant than a review...). Interesting that the full version is only 65MB as the pre-release ad-hoc build was 700MB!
  6. ipodtouchfan14

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah sorry about the double post. But I swear to god, on my Appstore it says it's 65.6 megs. I'm not sure if it's a mistake or some kind of glitch. Either way it isn't relevant to my initial post.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Yeah you must be mistaken, look for yourself, the game is 65.6 megs.
  7. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sorry my bad. I was thinking of another app's preview build. The Ravensword preview build was 113MB, so not far off the full version.
  8. ipodtouchfan14

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ya npnp bro. Is the other app a 700 meg rpg? I would probably be interested if it is.
  9. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    nah it was Return To Monkey Island - adventure game