Rates in Europe

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vasily, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hey guys,
    I'm going to travel to western Europe over the spring break and I was wondering what would be the best method to make calls/browse the web on my iPhone 3G 8gb (2 gen 2008)

Please Register or Log in to view images

I looked at Rogers' site and found their roaming charges ridiculously unfavourable to my wallet ($2CAD per call, I mean come on!) in France, Germany, Netherlands, and Belgium on all carriers! What someone had told me was that I could get a cheap pre-paid phone from a convenience store or wherever and just pop the sim into my iPhone and use that. I was pretty happy until I remembered that I had already updated to 3.1 (currently jailbroken if that makes any difference) and my baseband was upgraded to a yet unlocked version. So having these conditions, what would be the best (cheapest

Please Register or Log in to view images

) way for me to spend my two weeks in western Europe (I will be traveling in aforementioned countries)? I will be making at least 10 calls home to Canada and I might use their 3G/Edge (but can refrain from it by exclusively using WiFi). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.
  2. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Anyone?!
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well geohot just released blackra1n RC3 which includes blacksn0w which will allow you to unlock your iphone. I don't know the rates.. but you can use a phone card to call home (that's what my sister did during the summer). I'm not sure what you can do to browse the internet though.