/rant/ wtf?!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by LXZ, Sep 29, 2009.

1. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    please, are there any smart people left in the world.
    I was on the app store, already pissed at the fact that frogger is the the top "paid" app.. Frogger? Srsly? since when should frogger cost money, much less is the whole fact that even if Konami did decide to charge that there were enough people that would pay for it to make it the top paid game.. WRONG!

But then I saw this game I used to play on the PC, and when I had my DS I had a ported version of it. Its called Drag Racer, and its really.. one of the most crap-tastic games I have ever played.. but what always made it fun was the fact that it was free, exactly what it is worth... but no, they think its worth $1.99, and people are actually praising this game in the review section.

These people must not know what era we are in or something..
    I'm just a bit annoyed.
  2. poopstain

poopstain New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    • Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    Nice story bro
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I saw this and Laughed.
  4. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    CHI CHI MOUNEH. heh.
  5. sn00pee

sn00pee New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I guess you havent realized that 90% of the games in the app store are craptastic? and overpriced.
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That's the problem with the App Store model. It's too opaque and too open to manipulation by devs and promoters... though this is what happens when competition is fierce, profit margins are squeezed and the App Store's own infrastucture is majorly flawed.

That's why we started an app store review section here on iPtF, to try and provide a more transparent view on the community view of individual App Store apps.
  7. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    smart people? oh, there's me and some other guys... just kidding; i agree, it is like a wtf game, but people have different tastes. There are casual gamers and gamer-gamers, so maybe they just really like it or like the port of the game. If you want, you can go conspiracy theory on me and say maybe apple and promoters are manipulating what's in the iTunes app store.
  8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

The real question is why you would expect Frogger to be free. There is no precedent established for Frogger to be free. It has /always/ been a game you pay for. End of story.

As far as that other game goes, the developers have have right to ask that people pay for it.

When it comes down to it, you need to come down from whatever pedestal you think you're on and stop expecting everything to be free.
  9. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Because the game is old, its obsolete.. the flash ports all over the internet are free.. its lost its right to cost money.

They do have the right, and I know "if you don't like it, don't buy it" but its not really about that... it just bugs me, idk why.
  10. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That means NOTHING whatsoever. As long as someone still retains the rights to the game, they can do WHATEVER they want. They can charge however much they want. It is not up to you or the consumer if this game is to be charged or whatever. And by no means is the game obsolete. As you say, Flash ports are all over. If a game was obsolete, it would be remade or played.

Its not about you now is it?