[Rant] Idiots in the app store.

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Iron_Man, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Iron_Man

Iron_Man New Member

first of all. my day hasnt been going to well. some girl is making me apologize for sh*t i didnt do, and her life is the one f***ed up. so im mad. fair warning.

This is about the idiots who post bad ratings in the app store for the price changing.

IF the developer says the app will cost money. why are you complaining? whats the developer supposed to do, keep it free and not make money? are you really so mad that the app is now $0.99?? damn, if you made an app, you would want money from it.

so next time the developer says **NOTE: THIS APP IS FREE FOR A SMALL AMOUNT OF TIME, AFTER WHICH, THE APP WILL BE $0.99** don't b*tch when they do what they say. not enough people do that now anyway.

/rant.

Quick edit: also the people that want the well made games like asphault 4 and star wars and spore for the price to go down. if you can afford a $200+ ipod/iphone, you can afford a $10 game which is a steal for a video game now adays.

remember, you get what you pay for.
  2. Googleman

Googleman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Agreed about people complaining about price drops, i think many of the 9.99 apps worth their price but I don't agree about the price changing from free to 0.99 or more.
    Reasons:
    1.-If the app was crap at free, imagine at 0.99 thats lack of developer dignity

2.-They Spam the Top Paid apps list, many people including me check this list looking for QUALITY decent apps and what we find many times is worthless crap, by this I'm not saying all apps that were free and now cost are, but many many of them.

3.-Again, the quality: There are many apps with same price better quality
    Example: that horrible pixelated "liquid" simulation app was free 1 day then 0.99 cents, but we got Koi Pond in the other hand for the same price and 100 times better than that.
    So thinking it twice that price changing "trick" is really cheap and embarrassing to see on the AppStore.

Edit:the crappy liquid app I'm talking about is "Aqua" http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=289190978&mt=8
    theres an app called "Liquid" same thing but better for those looking for liquid simulation: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=288685782&mt=8
  3. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

i agree with googleman. if apps were free, why would they change it if it sucks as a free app from the start. Also, sometimes they dont give warnings about price changes and not all of them go from free to .99 cents. Air sharing just went from free to 6.99$ suddenly and is now top of the paid apps. So i think, what u release ur app for, keep it that way and dont change it. especially if the app sucks anyway. but then again there are exceptions. some developers really do deserve the money
  4. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

This isnt me but what if its someone under....15 say, got it bought for them? Oh and I agree with what you said (Y)
  5. Iron_Man

Iron_Man New Member

it said right in the description "this app will be available at the introductory price of free for 3 weeks. once this time has passed the app will be available for $6" no surprises there.
    ------------------double post merged------------------

isnt that moreso apples fault that they get into the appstore in the 1st place
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    then maybe theyll get gift cards?? idk im 15 and i bought my touch all by myself.
  6. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The worst thing...
    when someone gives an app a 1 star review because they wanted to ask a question before buying it. :/
  7. Commander Cool

Commander Cool New Member

EXACTLY THANK YOU! If you want free apps either make em yourself or go back to jailbreaking!!!!!!!!!
  8. chrisvandergaag

chrisvandergaag New Member

but apps that were "top ten free", shouldn't be moved to the "top ten paid" just because the dev. started charging... it's misleading.

For example I like Air Sharing... but at (it's new price) 7 dollars, would it have become the #1 paid app?

But my only real complaint about the app store is about reviewers... if you haven't used an app, don't rate it, just STFU. that basically covers it.
  9. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

ya, it really pisses me off to see someone ask "should i get it?" and rate it something stupid. Apple needs to do a better job on filtering these reviews. Many developers are losing money because people are fuking around to much in the appstore
  10. chinook

chinook New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I hate a it when a moron gives 1 star to a perfectly good app because the app is crashing and they can't fix it. Just restart it!