Randomly stops playing music

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by desmo907, Jun 11, 2009.

1. desmo907

desmo907 New Member

I have an iTouch 2nd gen (32 gig). I loaded a few hundred MP3 via iTunes. When I play either using Shuffle or in serial order the Ipod stops playing the music randomly after a few songs (sometimes more, sometimes less). When I look at the screen (unlock) it is on the song that just finished but the STOP button is showing even though the song ended. I then have to go back to the list and click Shuffle again but sometimes I have to restart the Ipod. I have used the iTunes Restore feature, and other trouble shooting. Could there be something wrong with my music even though they play fine on my PC? They came from various sources. Or is it an Ipod issue. It is really annoying.
  2. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Did u set a Continuous Repeat on the songs u are playing? That could be the cause of ur songs stopping randomly...

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. desmo907

desmo907 New Member

I don't know about that feature. I just select the Playlist then Shuffle. After playing X songs it just stops at the end of one and freezes. I have to click back to the playlist and click Shuffle again or sometime restart the iPod.

I don't see any other configurations for playing music related in the Settings.

thx
  4. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Oh ok, then let the pix below show u where the Continous Repeat button is...

The red circle on the left is that button I was talking about!

5. desmo907

desmo907 New Member

I see those options now -- Thx.
    I never touch them as I touch the Shuffle link on the prior screen above the list of song titles. The Cont Play icon is white and the Shuffle icon is blue (when on the actual song that is playing).

I just tested it again and didn't let it go turn off the screen. After about 5 songs it stopped again at the end of the song. the icons remain the same color and it shows 0 time left to play. However the STOP button is displayed even though the song stopped (thus the PLAY button should be displayed). I can click STOP then PLAY but it stays on that song. I then re-wound (using the slider) the song a minute and let it play through again. It stopped again at the end of the song even though the Shuffle icon is blue. I then click Back arrow and go back the Playlist and click Shuffle. It goes a a random song but doesn't play until i click the PLAY button at the bottom (the Shuffle icon is still blue). At the end of that soing it then shuffles to another.