random uncloseable warning icon in taskbar?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by berky93, Feb 12, 2009.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

I noticed that in my taskbar is a little warning icon (the yellow triangular sign with an exclamation point [!] in it) that cannot be closed. you can't click it or right click it, and it has no popup text when my mouse hovers over it. I don't know what it is, and the only time I've seen something like this before was a long time ago when my old computer got a terrible virus that I couldn't fix and had to reinstall windows. I really dont want this to happen to my new computer, so does anyone know what this is/how to fix the problem?
  2. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Its very possible that it may be a small bug in windows latest updates. I had a problem with an update they did a while back and it went away after the next set of them. As long as it is not doing any harm(which i is not as of yet) i would just not pay attention to it. If it is still there after the next set up updates then you should start to worry.
  3. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    make sure it isn't a virus or hidden malware first, then try to re-initiate a windows update to see if it might be a failed patch.
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

well I cant find any processes or services that seem to be unusual, an avast hasnt picked up anything. how to I re-initiate a windows update? (vista)
  5. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  6. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

Screeny?

Is it on your network icon?

If so, somethings wrong with your internet/netowork
  7. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    sounds like the one in the taskbar that notifies you when updates are available. but i really don't know much about vista so it might be different from XP's icons.
  8. berky93

berky93 New Member

you know, it just disappeared. but i think it may have been a windows alert about an update that failed to install, because I got a popup about that with the same icon.