random resyncing eating up space

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Dragomer, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I searched around here and couldn't find a thread on this, but I do remember one out there I just can't remember the solution other than restoring.

For some reason unbeknownst to me, Itunes will randomly decide its time to resync all of my music, videos, etc. This would be fine if those files were actually gone, except there not. So anytime it does this the "Other" section that is displayed on Itunes grows by about 5 gig. I does not do it every time I sync, but just randomly.... I basically put up with this until I run out of space and then restore.

Is there anyway to manually delete all of the music and videos on my ipod through SSH, and/or clear out the "Other" section that is taking up so much space? Have any of you guys every had to deal with this? What did you do?
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try Resetting All Settings. Go to: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
  3. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    When I restore it should do that though right ? This has been an ongoing problem. I just would like to know a directory on the ipod where I could go to just delete everything media wise without restoring.
  4. markoslav

markoslav New Member

I had the same problem as do other users on other sites. Resetting the settings did not work. Only the full restore.