Random Recovery Mode??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ShadowsTouch, Mar 9, 2008.

1. ShadowsTouch

ShadowsTouch New Member

ok so basicly what had happened was i jailbroke both my iPod and my cousins iPod to 1.1.4 he calls me up a couple of days later and asks me to do it again for him. i asked him why and he said it was because when he was trying to play TTR his iPod froze and when he held down both sleep and home button and turned his iPod back on it went into recovery mode. Obviously that sounded weird so i said i would do it for him again. a couple of days ago while i was putting songs into his i took out my iPod from my pocket only to find out that it went into recovery mode!!! i didnt do anything to it!! so once again i jailbroke mine. then... yesterday i was watching a video on youtube with my ipod and it froze during the video. so i held the sleep and home button and it turned off. i turn it back on and it went into reocovery mode!! so now im jailbreaking again but ive noticed that each time i jailbreak 1.1.2 using ipodtouchmaster's method the program used for jailbreaking tells me that my ipod isnt plugged in when it is but it still jailbreaks it

Please Register or Log in to view images

should i be using a different method for 1.1.2 and is there a problem with 1.1.4?

I also forgot to mention that after i installed a safari plug-in app(something like that from the izpacio source) i lost the contacts app

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. fighter424

fighter424 New Member

"iPod froze and when he held down both sleep and home button and turned his iPod back on it went into recovery mode."

Thats forced recovery mode, It's normal not random.

The second and third time i'm not entirly sure about.
  3. toehead

toehead New Member

Are you sure you arent holding down thos buttons too long??
  4. ShadowsTouch

ShadowsTouch New Member

but in order for it to force recovery he would have had to be connected and he would have had to hold down the home button for a longer time which he didnt
  5. ShadowsTouch

ShadowsTouch New Member

positive, i know how to force recovery because i have done it before. as soon as it turns off i let go of both buttons then press the power button to turn it back on.